Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

The Bills' Achilles heel all these years, even back to the Super Bowl era, was national games.  They always seemed to choke on the national stage.  They just played every December game on national TV and are 4-0. 

McDermott has them prepared, the defense is tight (mostly), and the offense is loose (in a good way), and we found out tonight even special teams can boost this team.  I think they may be peaking at the right time.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who means more to their team, Allen, Mahomes or Rodgers?  None of these teams are where they are without those QB’s.  Honestly the best player I’ve seen the last 5 weeks is Allen.

I think we're in a period of outstanding quarterbacks, similar to Favre-Young-Kelly-Marino-Aikman-etc. in the 1990s.  Generational thing I guess.

For anyone who didn't catch it, the Belichick postgame interview was savory and delicious

And this was the phone thing they mentioned.  After a Bills catch (Knox I think) along the sideline, he challenged and lost.  This was his reaction:

29 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Who means more to their team, Allen, Mahomes or Rodgers?  None of these teams are where they are without those QB’s.  Honestly the best player I’ve seen the last 5 weeks is Allen.

How much of Rodgers have you watched?  Love Josh, but it's Rodgers.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Rodgers has played a far easier schedule. 

Until this week when the Packers got their second win over a team with a winning record, the Bengals had more such wins.

That said, though the Packers have definitely had an easier schedule than the Bills, I'm not sure Rodgers has played a far easier schedule than Allen.

Here are the defenses by DVOA (by week 15's rankings, FO hasn't updated for week 16) that Rodgers has faced:

13, 32, 2, 12, 5, 30, 13, 10, 31, 6, 7, 15, 32, 27, 28.  Sorted: 2, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12, 13, 13, 15, 27, 28, 30, 31, 32, 32

And Allen's:

22, 11, 4, 29, 28, 17, 22, 23, 20, 9, 21, 10, 1, 16, 23. Sorted: 1, 4, 9, 10, 11, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 22, 23, 23, 28, 29

Rodgers has played top 10 defenses 5 times to Allen's 4.  Allen has played a bunch of mediocre defenses (8 times for defenses ranked 16-23), but Rodgers has played bottom-5 defenses 5 times.

Also, Rodgers has 44 TDs to 5 INTs.  Even with a cakewalk schedule (which I'm not sure the data supports), that's still very impressive.  His QB rating is 7 points higher than the next best in the league.

Edited by JujuFish

At the start of the season the Bills schedule was tied for the 5th hardest.  Kc was 18th and the Packers 15th.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-strength-of-schedule-rankings-ravens-and-steelers-have-it-easiest-patriots-face-roughest-ride/

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

According to this website, the Bills have played the 15th hardest schedule, KC 21st and Packers 27th.

Collective records of the opponents

Bills 124-116

KC 110-130

GB 103-136-1

Based on quality of opponents, Allen is the MVP

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

At the start of the season the Bills schedule was tied for the 5th hardest.  Kc was 18th and the Packers 15th.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-strength-of-schedule-rankings-ravens-and-steelers-have-it-easiest-patriots-face-roughest-ride/

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

According to this website, the Bills have played the 15th hardest schedule, KC 21st and Packers 27th.

Collective records of the opponents

Bills 124-116

KC 110-130

GB 103-136-1

Based on quality of opponents, Allen is the MVP

Did you just...completely ignore my post above yours? Based on the quality of opponents, the stats don't support that argument.

53 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Did you just...completely ignore my post above yours? Based on the quality of opponents, the stats don't support that argument.

You listed overall defensive rank. I read somewhere (not sure where) That if you filter by team passing defense, it swings a little more in Josh's favor.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.