Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

4 hours ago, tom webster said:

Ty Dunne started his own venture and wrote an interesting piece on how much TPEGS wanted Mahommes and how he didn’t want to interfere with McDermott with the decision.

I know PA’s head may explode but it’s a good read.

Linky

The Bills were far, far closer than anyone realizes to drafting Patrick Mahomes.

When everyone else in the country was squeamish, this was who Pegula coveted as the face of his franchise. He brought Mahomes’ name up to anyone who’d listen. The rest of the world saw Mahomes as some swashbuckler who’d never be able to play this way in the pros. To Pegula, he was a star. Yet Pegula also did not want to meddle. He had placed this trust into McDermott — into the embryonic stage of “The Process” — so the Bills’ brass then decided to trade down from 10th overall to 27th to pick up a future first-rounder with hopes Mahomes would slide.

He did not.

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Holy narrative buster batman!  I thought it was "proven" by "evidence" that he was a "meddler!"

Not sure this take is correct. Just because he didn't meddle 2 years ago doesn't mean didn't meddle all the years before that.

• Like (+1) 1

Chuckle. Terry didn't meddle, but it sure sounds like he tried. What was the point of talking up Mahomes? Classy victory lap here by the "football guy." And an odd thing to talk about when you appear to have found your franchise QB.

Anyway I never said Terry meddled in the Bills.

25 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Chuckle. Terry didn't meddle, but it sure sounds like he tried. What was the point of talking up Mahomes? Classy victory lap here by the "football guy." And an odd thing to talk about when you appear to have found your franchise QB.

Anyway I never said Terry meddled in the Bills.

Yes, but the insinuation has been made that he is more of a "football guy" so logic would seem to suggest that if he were going to meddle, it would be in football and not hockey.

Big #Bills updates from Sean McDermott’s weekly appearance on @WGR550:

- Guard Cody Ford is out for the season after suffering an injury during practice this week.
- WR John Brown is out for this week’s game with an ankle injury.
- Mitch Morse will start at center.

— Jay Skurski (@JaySkurski) November 27, 2020

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’ve never heard announcers so oblivious to penalties.  Like they don’t ever recognize when a flag is thrown or a penalty occurs.  

These aren't real penalties.  These are "keep it close for CBS and/or Vegas" penalties.

3 minutes ago, carpandean said:

I'll be the first to say that players don't try to lose on purpose to improve their draft position, but it sure looked like somebody in the Chargers organization was trying.  That, or they're just really incompetent.  Yeah, it could be that. 

Anthony Lynn is notorious for being bad at clock management.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh got shoved three times at least a yard out of bounds. He spins the ball and gets a penalty. Moss flicks the ball,... penalty,... mmm, k.

Refs were atrocious.

It really was never in doubt, but the Bills need the killer instinct to close out these games.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.