Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Do the Bills miss Shag Lawson and Jordan Phillips?  

I wasn't worried about the defense and although they made big plays last week, they aren't consistent in any phase of the game anymore.  Some weeks the pass rush looks good other weeks it doesn't.  Some weeks they avoid the big pass play.  Other weeks they don't and honestly the run D is mediocre at best.

Injuries to Milano and Edmunds really hurt early.  However, Wallace, Klein and others are wildly inconsistent.  Also where is our LB depth after Klein.  Honestly, the Bills needed to find some help on defense at the trade deadline if they want to win a playoff game. Maybe someone will cut a decent player that we can utilize.  

I think they've been missing alot of players this season and their depth is getting tested and exposed. Players are being forced to play in spots where they weren't expected to. 

Star being gone has changed roles for many of their interior linemen. I think Jefferson was going to split time between DE and DT and is now forced into a full time DT role. 

Milano has played only 2 full games. Edmunds looks hurt when he's playing. Klein was likely expected to fill in for Lorenzo Alexander's LB role, so maybe 30% of the snaps, and instead is being counted on to play all of them because of Milano. 

Norman and Wallace have both been hurt and missed large parts of the season. 

Edited by Lanny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Lanny said:

I think they've been missing alot of players this season and their depth is getting tested and exposed. Players are being forced to play in spots where they weren't expected to. 

Star being gone has changed roles for many of their interior linemen. I think Jefferson was going to split time between DE and DT and is now forced into a full time DT role. 

Milano has played only 2 full games. Edmunds looks hurt when he's playing. Klein was likely expected to fill in for Lorenzo Alexander's LB role, so maybe 30% of the snaps, and instead is being counted on to play all of them because of Milano. 

Norman and Wallace have both been hurt and missed large parts of the season. 

It would have been nice if they acquired some help at the deadline.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:39 AM, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Over $400k now.

I think it's awesome they're getting that much money.  I think it's great that fans support Josh Allen.  It seems like a strange commentary on our society that it took a sport figure's grandmother passing away for them to get it.

12 hours ago, carpandean said:

Over $400k now.

I think it's awesome they're getting that much money.  I think it's great that fans support Josh Allen.  It seems like a strange commentary on our society that it took a sport figure's grandmother passing away for them to get it.

I hear you. There’s something *very* specific going on with Bills Nation and Josh Allen. Maybe not all of it entirely healthy? On balance though, it’s setting up to be beautiful and enduring.

Prominent NFL players have close family members pass away several (?) times a season. You rarely (never?) hear anything like this coming from it.

Also worth pointing out that the Andy Dalton experience greased the skids.

Finally, it’s often the case that people need to be (feel) inspired in order to give to a charitable cause. I think about something like Live Aid. Why did Queen need to rock the stage so that comfortable English people would help starving people in Africa? Not sure - but it’s an old story.

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I hear you. There’s something *very* specific going on with Bills Nation and Josh Allen. Maybe not all of it entirely healthy? On balance though, it’s setting up to be beautiful and enduring.

Prominent NFL players have close family members pass away several (?) times a season. You rarely (never?) hear anything like this coming from it.

Also worth pointing out that the Andy Dalton experience greased the skids.

Finally, it’s often the case that people need to be (feel) inspired in order to give to a charitable cause. I think about something like Live Aid. Why did Queen need to rock the stage so that comfortable English people would help starving people in Africa? Not sure - but it’s an old story.

There was this, too, on a smaller scale:  https://www.wivb.com/news/baltimore-radio-host-speaks-out-after-bills-fans-raise-money-to-alzheimers-association-in-his-name/

And this one:  https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/04/bills-fans-turn-outrage-into-outreach-donate-8000-to-charity-in-wake-of-voter-fraud.html

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Well-taken -- thanks. So, it's a thing now for Bills Nation. Which is great. Other fan bases should emulate this ... if'n they can. 😏

24 minutes ago, tom webster said:

It would be kind for interesting to see what they consider close contact. Like one reporter just tweeted, there are pictures of him, White and Hyde being within a foot of each other yesterday.

Pretty sure it is a time-distance thing, not just distance.

14 hours ago, Weave said:

Pretty sure it is a time-distance thing, not just distance.

For sure. There are established metrics, thresholds.

Of course, those may vary from organization to organization (i.e., the NFL’s standards may differ from, say, a local college). Also, there’s some “art” to the scientific process of determining who’s in and who’s out.

I’d been fairly ambivalent about what Norman’s brought to the team. Him having Covid isn’t helping.

9 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Murray has 19 rushing yards in the first half.  I don't think there's anything dumb about that.

I was very emotional because I called the play from my living room. I said Oliver is going to get sucked outside and Murray is going to get the first down. I don't yell at the TV anymore, so you are subject to my "in the moment" outbursts.

1 minute ago, ubkev said:

I was very emotional because I called the play from my living room. I said Oliver is going to get sucked outside and Murray is going to get the first down. I don't yell at the TV anymore, so you are subject to my "in the moment" outbursts.

Haha, yeah, in that case, yell away!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.