Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

And the Bills just squeaked by the worst team in the league the last decade. 

That's one way to describe it. Another way is the Bills didn't have to punt once because they were in scoring position every drive and they held the Jets to 4 yards of offense in the second half. Tomato, tomahto.

• Like (+1) 1

What a painful game to watch. But a win’s a win.

I also agree with what Bulldog said in the post-game show. It seems sort of fluky (flukey?) that the Bills failed to score a TD because they moved the ball really well. 

And Allen looked good, as he should have I suppose. 300 passing yards, 60 rushing, and a 70% completion rate.

Beat the Patriots.

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

What a painful game to watch. But a win’s a win.

I also agree with what Bulldog said in the post-game show. It seems sort of fluky (flukey?) that the Bills failed to score a TD because they moved the ball really well. 

And Allen looked good, as he should have I suppose. 300 passing yards, 60 rushing, and a 70% completion rate.

Beat the Patriots.

Wasn't fluky at all. The offensive playcalling in the redzone was atrocious. 3rd and 8 with 7 guys in the box and you try to run Allen up the gut from the 10 yard line... the ***** is that? 

Did we take a true deep shot all day? Knox was the longest gain but that pass was only 15 or so yards down field. 

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Wasn't fluky at all. The offensive playcalling in the redzone was atrocious. 3rd and 8 with 7 guys in the box and you try to run Allen up the gut from the 10 yard line... the ***** is that? 

Did we take a true deep shot all day? Knox was the longest gain but that pass was only 15 or so yards down field. 

Knox didn’t play. Think you mean Kroft. Teams are defending Buffalo exactly how they are defending KC, daring them to run. They’ll figure it out. I’d like to see the penalty on Davis TD. Allen also made bad read on third and short. Moss would have taken that to the house.

I wasn’t crazy about the Allen draw either, or, for that matter the McKenzie sweep to the right that lost 12 yards but they left points out there on other drives as well. It really wasn’t that close a game after halftime.

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hard to disagree that the play calling was poor in the redzone, as was the execution. But, again, scoring no touchdowns and never punting the ball? That's just weird.

As for taking a deep shot: (1) We didn't have John Brown in the lineup. That matters. (2) We should probably applaud the fact that Allen was taking what the Defense was giving him -- that's exactly what the Bills need him to do. 

38 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Teams are defending Buffalo exactly how they are defending KC, daring them to run. They’ll figure it out. I’d like to see the penalty on Davis TD.

I was encouraged to see Allen dinking and dunking like he did. The CBS broadcast was horrendous - I waited in vain for some context on that "penalty."

44 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Knox didn’t play. Think you mean Kroft. Teams are defending Buffalo exactly how they are defending KC, daring them to run. They’ll figure it out. I’d like to see the penalty on Davis TD. Allen also made bad read on third and short. Moss would have taken that to the house.

I wasn’t crazy about the Allen draw either, or, for that matter the McKenzie sweep to the right that lost 12 yards but they left points out there on other drives as well. It really wasn’t that close a game after halftime.

The penalty was Diggs wasn't on the LoS.  He thought the TE who was next to & even w/ the RT was considered to be on the line but the LJ didn't see it that way.

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Davis and the other receiver on that side were both off the line. One of them had to be on the line of scrimmage, that was the penalty. 

No.  Davis was on the line.  The issue was on the other side of the formation.  The camera work was ridiculously bad this game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

The penalty was Diggs wasn't on the LoS.  He thought the TE who was next to & even w/ the RT was considered to be on the line but the LJ didn't see it that way.

Sheesh. It occurs to me: There were a bunch of horse sh1t calls in that game. More than your average - maybe even both ways (?). That crew seemed like they were winging it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sheesh. It occurs to me: There were a bunch of horse sh1t calls in that game. More than your average - maybe even both ways (?). That crew seemed like they were winging it.

Officiating definitely left a lot to be desired.  But they seemed to screw up both ways.

The plus for me was our defensive play in second half. Also in spite of his fumble I honestly thought Josh had a good, not spectacular, game. We need to cut down on those penalties costing us positive plays/field position. Also we need to find the end zone more down in red zone.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

No.  Davis was on the line.  The issue was on the other side of the formation.  The camera work was ridiculously bad this game.

Yeesh if that was it, I didn't see a replay then. 

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'll just say this, that CBS crew was straight up terrible. Are we relegated to getting the 5th string crew every week? Somehow they still found a way to polish the Jets balls even when they were getting manhandled in the 2nd half. 

I personally enjoyed them sucking Gase's... face for half the game as though he was some brilliant tactician. 

7 minutes ago, Radar said:

The plus for me was our defensive play in second half. Also in spite of his fumble I honestly thought Josh had a good, not spectacular, game. We need to cut down on those penalties costing us positive plays/field position. Also we need to find the end zone more down in red zone.

Until this game, we were lethal in the redzone. I really think Daboll got far too cute in the redzone yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, inkman said:

They sucked against the Titans and Chiefs.  

Well, strictly speaking, it’s more: Even when they don’t play especially well, good teams win games against inferior opponents. But good teams playing poorly will lose to superior teams, for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

But, again, scoring no touchdowns and never punting the ball? That's just weird.

Perhaps weirder than you even realize.  The last time a team won while neither scoring a TD nor punting the ball in was 1941, when Washington beat the Brooklyn Dodgers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1320480742858698768

• Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.