Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

No surprise but the Patriots cheat again and get away with it.

Newton runs to the goal line, and doesn't get the TD.  Belichick throws the challenge flag just before the next play.  The refs don't see it.  Then Newton scores on the following play and the Pats scramble to pick up the challenge flag and the refs totally miss it.  Pete Carroll and NBC saw it though.

As many times as the Pats have made the league look like dupes with all their underhanded *****, you'd think the NFL would be watching them like a hawk 24/7.  Oh wait, I just remembered who the commissioner of the NFL is.  My bad.

12 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

No surprise but the Patriots cheat again and get away with it.

Newton runs to the goal line, and doesn't get the TD.  Belichick throws the challenge flag just before the next play.  The refs don't see it.  Then Newton scores on the following play and the Pats scramble to pick up the challenge flag and the refs totally miss it.  Pete Carroll and NBC saw it though.

As many times as the Pats have made the league look like dupes with all their underhanded *****, you'd think the NFL would be watching them like a hawk 24/7.  Oh wait, I just remembered who the commissioner of the NFL is.  My bad.

Eh, I didn't see anything malignant there. And I'm a Hawks fan.

It's a small sample size, but Allen is looking like a legitimate difference-maker (as in the good kind) at the game's most important position. The D struggled without their two studs in the middle -- that, and FitzMagic was just having one of those games he has sometimes. Oh, and I think the Bills' defensive coaches got out-coached by their counterparts from Miami. The Bills did well to win against a team that seemed sort of destined to pull off an upset.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think Diggs is their best WR since Moulds and is the best player on the team.  Holy mackerel.  What a great pickup by BB.

He's been their best player so far this season, for sure.

The Texans are taking a lot of heat for moving on from Hopkins - the Vikings arguably deserve the same heat.

25 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I think Diggs is their best WR since Moulds and is the best player on the team.  Holy mackerel.  What a great pickup by BB.

Not sure if he is the best player on the team, but he is our best offensive weapon not names Josh Allen and it was certainly a great pickup by the team.

We also saw how important Edmunds and Milano are to our defense.  The D looked average at best without them in the lineup. 

Diggs, Milano, Edmunds, T. White and Allen are the top 5 players on the team.    The NFL Best player list back in the July had White 47, Diggs 54 and Allen 87.

36 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

The PFF stuff is confusing to me, for sure. What are they factoring in? Elements like good luck/bad luck? Throws that should have been picked off and weren't, etc.?  

The biggest element they factor in is Trolling Bills Fans. It generates approximately 200% of their site traffic and interaction. It's a guaranteed money maker. Say something bad about the Bills and watch the money pile up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

The PFF stuff is confusing to me, for sure. What are they factoring in? Elements like good luck/bad luck? Throws that should have been picked off and weren't, etc.?  

You could convince me they just cater their rankings to ensure Allen looks bad and I'd believe you 

If I remember correctly, the ratings don’t just count completions but they count the accuracy of the throw. You’ll get dinged for poor throws even if they are inside the catch radius and they are caught. My guess is that’s where Allen gets hammered. He’s completing a lot of passes but they are on the very edge of the catch radius.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

If I remember correctly, the ratings don’t just count completions but they count the accuracy of the throw. You’ll get dinged for poor throws even if they are inside the catch radius and they are caught. My guess is that’s where Allen gets hammered. He’s completing a lot of passes but they are on the very edge of the catch radius.

But that’s so subjective. Allen throws a TD to Davis were only he could catch it and they call it a poor throw.

Mshoomes throws a pass that Hardman makes an incredible catch and they marvel at Mahommes vision and ability to throw at all different angles and trajectory.

We finally have receivers that can catch the ball and now they want to deduct points based on catch radius.

Whatever.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, tom webster said:

But that’s so subjective. Allen throws a TD to Davis were only he could catch it and they call it a poor throw.

Mshoomes throws a pass that Hardman makes an incredible catch and they marvel at Mahommes vision and ability to throw at all different angles and trajectory.

We finally have receivers that can catch the ball and now they want to deduct points based on catch radius.

Whatever.

It’s been that way for as long as I can remember. And yes it’s extremely subjective. Somebody watches every play and determines what is right and what is wrong. 🤷🏼‍♂️

12 hours ago, inkman said:

I don't think many had them being good.  So I'm not sure they are "rated".  The Bills are still underrated though.  

Vegas had both NE and the Bills with win totals of 9.  I think the narrative of a Patriot collapse and tanking this year was not broadly accepted.  Buffalo has shown improvement in the passing game but barely won both games. NE kept it close against a good Seahawks team while on the road. In my mind Vegas has it right,  again.  Equally matched.  Cannot wait for those two head to head games. 

6 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Vegas had both NE and the Bills with win totals of 9.  I think the narrative of a Patriot collapse and tanking this year was not broadly accepted.  Buffalo has shown improvement in the passing game but barely won both games. NE kept it close against a good Seahawks team while on the road. In my mind Vegas has it right,  again.  Equally matched.  Cannot wait for those two head to head games. 

The Bills dominated the Jets. Only you and Gregg Williams think they barely won.

8 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Who said the Pats are tanking? 

Yeah - I'm not seeing it from PFF. For me, the analytics needs to square with what you're watching. A couple seasons ago, when the Sabres had that bonkers win streak early in the season -- their basic advanced stats were not good and any observant fan knew that they were whistling past the graveyard for most of those wins, but, whatever, it was fun. I watched that game against the Dolphins. Allen was good. He wasn't perfect, to be sure. But he was really, really good. PFF says he had the 13th best game from a QB in Week 2? GTFO.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.