Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

9 hours ago, LTS said:

Well, definition:

I suppose you will argue how much it takes to qualify for "physical exertion".  That said, pretty sure they qualify as in this case it's the level of exertion is not qualified.

Still think Chess is a game. If you can play 100% as well by telling someone else what to do, it's not a sport. Fortnite (and eSports in general) are right on the line for me. There's not much difference there for me between those and darts, billiards, or even golf. Master your muscle movement and reactions and that's the skill. Actually, esports are probably more sports than darts or billiards, since there's time-sensitive reactions involved.

10 hours ago, MattPie said:

Still think Chess is a game. If you can play 100% as well by telling someone else what to do, it's not a sport. Fortnite (and eSports in general) are right on the line for me. There's not much difference there for me between those and darts, billiards, or even golf. Master your muscle movement and reactions and that's the skill. Actually, esports are probably more sports than darts or billiards, since there's time-sensitive reactions involved.

Agree with all of this. It's interesting to hear my gamer kid talk about how really, really high-level players of games that he plays are just amazing to watch play - the precision, the speed, the strategizing. As best I can tell, he thinks of those gamers in much the same way he thinks of other professional athletes whom he admires. 

59 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Agree with all of this. It's interesting to hear my gamer kid talk about how really, really high-level players of games that he plays are just amazing to watch play - the precision, the speed, the strategizing. As best I can tell, he thinks of those gamers in much the same way he thinks of other professional athletes whom he admires. 

Absolutely. The high-level people train for 10 to 12 hours a day for many, many, many, years. They move into special gaming houses with others so they are free from distractions. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Gotta get me one of these gigs

Haha.. I would say the same thing.  Go back 20 years (sigh.. 20 years) and i was actually part of a global competitive team playing Counter-Strike (before it became what it is today).  We trained 3 times a week, working on strategies, communication, etc.

I made no money.  Of course there was no money to really be made then.

These days?  I can't compete with these kids, not even close.  I can hold my own in NHL franchise, but the best players? I'm not even Matt Ellis to them.

14 hours ago, MattPie said:

I like that break.  If you can tell someone else what to do, it's not a sport. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sabills said:

Sounds like a great way to make me hate playing video games.

They call it a grind for a reason. The enjoyment comes out of being the best, not gaming. Very few people are willing to grind immersed in a professional athlete atmosphere. But their skills are for the young (17-21) and then diminish.

• Like (+1) 1

Milano and Edmunds both out Sunday

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said "it's too early to tell" whether or not either Tremaine Edmunds or Matt Milano will need to go on Injured Reserve.

— Joe Buscaglia (@JoeBuscaglia) September 18, 2020

Edited by WildCard
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Well that was very nice. They spent the whole 3rd quarter and a nice chunk of the 4th giving me agita, but they decided to play a little bit down the stretch

Now go close it out!

Well, the offense did, anyway.

Allen looked like he was playing IRL Madden on those last two drives.

417 yards, 4 TDs for Allen. 147 rating.

The last time we had a QB throw 300 in back-to-back games was Bledsoe in 2002.

23 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Well, the offense did, anyway.

Allen looked like he was playing IRL Madden on those last two drives.

417 yards, 4 TDs for Allen. 147 rating.

The last time we had a QB throw 300 in back-to-back games was Bledsoe in 2002.

And there was a graphic early in the 4th stating this was the 1st time a Bills QB ever did that with no interceptions in either game.  This kid is looking good.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Indabuff said:

Anyone mind giving a brief synopsis of how the Bills have looked?

The run game isn't there yet. But the passing game is definitely there. The defense was pretty horrible today. No Edmunds or Milano was a big deal. They were missed. Our kicker lines up every field goal like he's trying to kick it to another state. It's pretty scary. 

Get the defense healthy. Keep the offense healthy and here we go.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.