Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

That game seemed like a microcosm of what it's like to root for a Josh Allen led Bills team. The QB gives us a lot of cheer for, a lot to agonize over - we just hope it's more of the former than the latter.

That one catch that Diggs made where he slid into the sideline was astonishing. Lofton saw it for what it was, and gave the love. I can't get over how freakin' athletic and technically proficient it was.

That is not a good field goal kicking situation, until further notice. JFC. Kid had the yips.

Milano and Edmunds being hurt is very bad. Hopefully one or both will mend quickly.

Edited by That Aud Smell

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

They combined with the Northstar's for like a season or so then they spit off and became the Sharks I believe. Then Minnesota moved to Dallas.

57 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Sharks were an expansion team.  

38 minutes ago, ubkev said:

They were indeed, but it was funky. Look up the 1991 NHL dispersal and expansion draft. 

Cleveland folded after '78, so the 2 weren't merged for only a season or 2; more like ~13.

While technically, yes, the Snarks were an expansion team, they did end up with a lot of Minny's prospects as part of the deal the Gunds worked out with Norm Green & the league when they sold the No Stars to him to "guarantee" they'd stay in Minnesota.  The Gunds were the owners of the "new" team & essentially resurrected the Seals they'd bought from Charlie Findley as the Sharks. 

A case can definitely be made that the Snarks are the heirs to the old Oakland Seals especially as the Gunds were the last owners of the California Golden Seals & owned the Barons & the No Stars.  (Remember kids, people don't kill hockey towns; Gunds kill hockey towns.)

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That is not a good field goal kicking situation, until further notice. JFC. Kid had the yips.

I remember having a high school baseball practice indoors due to inclement weather and warming up by tossing the ball back-and-forth across a basketball court.  My pair was on the end, so we were throwing right under the backboard/hoop.  I started thinking about not hitting it, which drew my attention to it.  So, natural, I sailed one right into it.  My coach yelled something along the lines of "how the f__k did you hit that way up there?!"  I replied "because I was thinking about not hitting it." 

I felt like Bass was doing the same thing with that right post.  Every single kick looked like it was going to hit it.  I'm glad that he didn't lose the game, as that would have been tough to get over.  Instead, he hit a couple later and they won, so he can (hopefully) put it behind him as just early jitters.  His next game will mean a lot.  If he misses, that might never get out of his head.  If he hits the ones that he should, then he should be good.

9 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If it's not a sport, then I would say that neither are some others. Curling would be one. Why do we call it the Olympic Games and not Olympic Sports?

Just a thought.

Chess is definitely a game. A sport should probably require some physical acuity.

18 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If it's not a sport, then I would say that neither are some others. Curling would be one. Why do we call it the Olympic Games and not Olympic Sports?

Just a thought.

Curling involves aim, for one thing.  Like archery or shooting.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Maybe by you?  I've never heard that.  Darts is a sport.  Billiards is a sport.  Chess is a game.  A complex game, to be sure, but a game.

Don't see how billiards is a sport any more than the others. Now, dog fights is a real sport and dog races. Horse racing. Badminton. Horseshoes. Lawn darts. 

34 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is true.

That's great.  It's still not a sport.

Well, definition:

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

I suppose you will argue how much it takes to qualify for "physical exertion".  That said, pretty sure they qualify as in this case it's the level of exertion is not qualified.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.