Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Meh, disagree. I very much enjoy Dan Katz, and Kate is terrific. Chaps has his moments too.

That's about 4 people in a media company though lol he himself will say how much dead weight he has around. Most of their programs are in the black  or worse according to him. He openly wants to retire and leave but his business deals have legitimate clauses in them saying him and Dan have to be on otherwise it's no deal, since they're 90% of what makes barstool profitable

Edited by WildCard
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

That's about 4 people in a media company though lol he himself will say how much dead weight he has around. Most of their programs are in the black  or worse according to him. He openly wants to retire and leave but his business deals have legitimate clauses in them saying him and Dan have to be on otherwise it's no deal, since they're 90% of what makes barstool profitable

Yeah - that’s fair. I suppose my sense of what Barstool is is quite limited. I like the personalities associated with 2 of their products/brands. There’s presumably a whole lot of sh1t elsewhere. And he is a huge Delta Bravo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah - that’s fair. I suppose my sense of what Barstool is is quite limited. I like the personalities associated with 2 of their products/brands. There’s presumably a whole lot of sh1t elsewhere. And he is a huge Delta Bravo.

I follow them pretty heavily. Used to be really good with just PMT and some others but they've changed a lot and now it's like a reality show TMZ 

• Like (+1) 1

Per Graham: The Bills reportedly barred their own internal reporter, Chris Brown, from covering training camp because he violated team policies regarding how much can be disclosed about camp performances, etc.

Also, the team’s marketing staff has apparently quit (all of 3 people?).

image.thumb.png.abe42c2373964c8dab0091434ddf59c7.png

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Per Graham: The Bills reportedly barred their own internal reporter, Chris Brown, from covering training camp because he violated team policies regarding how much can be disclosed about camp performances, etc.

crashing honda civic GIF

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Three people doesn't shock me.  The league is so active in marketing that the teams probably don't have to do much.  I'm not counting social media people, game-day atmosphere people, community relations, etc.--just pure marketing.

But I am VERY interested in knowing what made three people walk in this job market.

Worst economy in the history of the country, global pandemic, NFL is biggest, sexiest sports business out there and these folks had their dream jobs....and they all quit together!? 

Yeah, nothing strange going on there.  

Pegula is a freaking nightmare.  

As I have said many times here, we Sabres fans (and probably Bills fans too) are now in an era where all we can do is wait for Pegula to die or sell the team.  The Bills were stuck in exactly this same rut for 20 years.

51 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Worst economy in the history of the country, global pandemic, NFL is biggest, sexiest sports business out there and these folks had their dream jobs....and they all quit together!? 

As I have said many times here, we Sabres fans (and probably Bills fans too) are now in an era where all we can do is wait for Pegula to die or sell the team.  The Bills were stuck in exactly this same rut for 20 years.

Serious question:  do you not think the Bills are generally in a good place right now?

And if you do think they are in a good place -- why is it not likely that the Sabres will eventually get there too?

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

The reality is that if they are any good at marketing, working for an NFL team is not their “dream” job. They might have thought that when they applied but they would have quickly realized there were few perks with the job and it was a no win situation. Every team sells out, merchandise flies off the shelf. Exactly what do you even need marketing people for? The best of them will effect less then  1 percent of the overall revenue the team  generates.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Serious question:  do you not think the Bills are generally in a good place right now?

And if you do think they are in a good place -- why is it not likely that the Sabres will eventually get there too?

Not likely for the Sabres to because the Bills were a blind squirrel in the hiring of Brandon Beane.  Here’s to hoping Kevyn Adams is the next.... ?

Edited by GoPre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.