Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

Good.

I will say though that I think a decision by an NFL player to opt out would be more justifiable and logical, in terms of virus risk, than a similar decision by an NBA player or an NHL player.  I think the NBA and NHL bubbles are safer than living at home, while playing in the NFL, which is going without a bubble, is riskier than living at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Portnoy is still trolling Goodell. 

He's the head of Barstool Sports for those who don't know. And Roger Goodell hates him. He would do this just to piss off Goodell. It's also the same reason why he won't be given consideration from Tim and Kerry.

44 minutes ago, ubkev said:

He's the head of Barstool Sports for those who don't know. And Roger Goodell hates him. He would do this just to piss off Goodell. It's also the same reason why he won't be given consideration from Tim and Kerry.

***** that guy and his ***** group.  The worship for such an ***** is barf worthy.  

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Why do people like him?  I can't find a reason.  

I'm pretty certain that I've never read anything that barstool has ever put out, so I don't know. But I will say that he is a master at generating interest. I remember a tweet earlier this year making the rounds of him wanting to fire any barstool employee who tried to join a union or something and over the next couple days their site absolutely blew up. He leans into the hate from what I can gather. He's like a pro wrestling heel.

28 minutes ago, ubkev said:

I'm pretty certain that I've never read anything that barstool has ever put out, so I don't know. But I will say that he is a master at generating interest. I remember a tweet earlier this year making the rounds of him wanting to fire any barstool employee who tried to join a union or something and over the next couple days their site absolutely blew up. He leans into the hate from what I can gather. He's like a pro wrestling heel.

Makes sense why everyone under 40 loves him and everyone over 40 hated him.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ubkev said:

memo to 'El Presidente':  No thanks Ya-douche.

16 hours ago, inkman said:

Why do people like him?  I can't find a reason.  

There's really no denying that he has a certain flare for performance and spectacle, and an excellent sense of what appeals to and motivates (mostly) young white males (edit: or at least certain members of that cohort). 

There's a whole lot of awful stuff that goes along with that as well.

One thing I will add: I credit him for having a good/great eye for talent and for letting that talent grow and evolve. I'm a legit fan of the Pardon My Take podcast and also dabble in the military-based product that Barstool has (Zero Pod Thirty or something?) with Uncle Chaps (sp?) and Kate (who's just frickin' awesome).

Edited by That Aud Smell

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

There's really no denying that he has a certain flare for performance and spectacle, and an excellent sense of what appeals to and motivates (mostly) young white males (edit: or at least certain members of that cohort). 

There's a whole lot of awful stuff that goes along with that as well.

One thing I will add: I credit him for having a good/great eye for talent and for letting that talent grow and evolve. I'm a legit fan of the Pardon My Take podcast and also dabble in the military-based product that Barstool has (Zero Pod Thirty or something?) with Uncle Chaps (sp?) and Kate (who's just frickin' awesome).

He has an awful eye for talent. PMT is the only thing good there anymore, the rest are terrible 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.