Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

13 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'm going to urge anyone who wants to discuss Jake Fromm's comments to do so in a new thread, preferably in the politics club, so we don't have a replay of the poopstorm from a few days ago.

problem being, it's not a political story. it's a sports story.

i'm not all that interested in discussing it, in any case.

didn't josh allen have some historical (teenaged?) tweets that were similarly bad? something about "if it ain't white, it ain't right" and so on?

On 6/4/2020 at 10:00 PM, nfreeman said:

I'm going to urge anyone who wants to discuss Jake Fromm's comments to do so in a new thread, preferably in the politics club, so we don't have a replay of the poopstorm from a few days ago.

I would like to formally apologize for my role in said poopstorm.  I didn't start the fire, but I certainly poured enough fuel on it to make it into a raging inferno instead of a backyard firepit.

I know I'm better than that, and I know we're all supposed to be better than that.  I just wasn't better that day.

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I would like to formally apologize for my role in said poopstorm.  I didn't start the fire, but I certainly poured enough fuel on it to make it into a raging inferno instead of a backyard firepit.

I know I'm better than that, and I know we're all supposed to be better than that.  I just wasn't better that day.

I've had worse.

Glad you're back.  Please bring @Wyldnwoody44 in from the cold too while you're at it.

After all, there is a LOT of hockey talk to be had.  Did you see that Laaksonen signed!  Be still my heart.

26 minutes ago, sabills said:

What happened yesterday to the Sabres happens to the Bills within the next 2 years unless they sell one or both of the teams, mark my word.

No.  If the Bills remain on their current trajectory, they will be to profitable and successful to make similar changes.  Drastic change usually comes from failure rather then success; aka if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No.  If the Bills remain on their current trajectory, they will be to profitable and successful to make similar changes.  Drastic change usually comes from failure rather then success; aka if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Bills might not be broke, but the Pegula's are. Do you really think they made all those cuts yesterday because they thought it would make the team better?

13 minutes ago, sabills said:

The Bills might not be broke, but the Pegula's are. Do you really think they made all those cuts yesterday because they thought it would make the team better?

I don’t think the Pegulas are broke. Not even close. Also the Sabres and Bills are separate legal and financial entities.  The Pegulas may have liquidity issues but their wealth is intact.  
There are tons of lenders who will help them bridge the gap.

The cuts yesterday were certainly significantly about long-term cost containment, however since many of the people fired, like Jbot, were still under contract and will be paid, there was clearly a short-term cash burn by firing 30 people.  They are now paying 3 GMsfor example.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

One thing I’d like some clarification on is how many of those 30 firings are people whose contracts run out June 30, and how many are in positions that have been severely affected and may be largely made redundant for an extended period of time by the pandemic. 

Brian Burke seemed to indicate that was the case with the Rochester coaching staff, and it certainly will be a while before scouts will be trekking across the country to visit different arenas again.

Burke said the degree of cuts in Buffalo was overkill and counterproductive to organizational success, but he also expects similar moves coming for most franchises In the coming weeks as teams try to stay viable under the new normal.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

last i heard, owners cannot collateralize an NFL franchise. i'm not sure how creditworthy they are right now, at least for the dollars at issue.

But pretty sure they also have a program where owners can take out loans amongst themselves to cover ST cash flow issues & things like stadium renovations.

And 120,000 acres situated over the Marcellus shale fields likely can still be collateralized quite effectively even with NG prices back around early '00's levels.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

But pretty sure they also have a program where owners can take out loans amongst themselves to cover ST cash flow issues & things like stadium renovations.

And 120,000 acres situated over the Marcellus shale fields likely can still be collateralized quite effectively even with NG prices back around early '00's levels.

Good points. Of course, it’s a far from ideal time to mortgage that Potter County acreage (its present value being what it is).

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

What the Patriots did was annoying, and against rules, but the footage they got is available to anyone inclined to purchase All-22, if I remember correctly. I'm good with the punishment.

Cam's body was obliterated by the NFL. He was so fun to watch, but there's a reason he has lost his last 8 starts. He's not good anymore

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

After Nike and FedEx pull their sponsorship/request a name change, the Redskins are likely to have a new name 

https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-redskins-to-undergo-thorough-review-of-team-s-name

I thought Snyder has always been adamant about “NEVER” changing the name. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.