Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Following the draft and FA signing, I think the Bills roster is close to set assuming most of the Vet FAs make the team and all the draft picks, except the kicker.

There isn't going to be much room for the returning bottom of the roster guys.

I also think there will only be 2 or 3 new starters.

Allen, Singletary, Diggs (new), Brown, Beasley, Knox, Ford, Dawkins, Spain, Morse and Felicano are the starting offense

Hughes, Oliver, Lotulelei, Edmunds, Milano, Wallace, White, Hyde, and Poyer are certain to return as starters

Does AJ Klein takeover for Alexander? Are there any other legit candidates?

Does Trent Murphy stay a starter, does he make the roster or does he get cut?  How do Addison and Epenesa fit in?

If I had to guess loses his job and gets cut by the Bills.  Addisons join Hughes, Oliver and Lotulelei as the D line with Epenesa and Harrison Phillips getting a ton of reps. Klein wins the starting 3rd LB job.  

If I had to guess, Vosean Joseph (LB) is a camp surprise on defense.

I count up to 6 potential new starters: Diggs at WR, Daryl Williams over Ford at RT, Butler over Lotulelei at 1-tech DT, Epenesa over Murphy at LDE, Joseph or Klein at Sam LB, and Norman over Wallace at CB.

I'll add 4 more specialty positions: Bass over Hauschka at K, Vedvik over Bojorquez at P, Gilliam over DiMarco at FB, and Davis over Foster at special teams gunner.

2 hours ago, Lanny said:

Does Trent Murphy stay a starter, does he make the roster or does he get cut?  How do Addison and Epenesa fit in?

I think they keep all of them.

Given the economics, I really wonder if Murphy makes the team. They have, what, 10 d-line penciled in as of now? How many do they keep? 8? 9?

17 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Given the economics, I really wonder if Murphy makes the team. They have, what, 10 d-line penciled in as of now? How many do they keep? 8? 9?

Maybe it depends on Darryl Johnson? After week 7 he was a ghost. That would leave Hughes, Murphy, Epenesa and Addison as DEs. Star, Oliver, Butler, Harrison Phillips and Jefferson as DTs.  

Last year they carried and dressed 8, plus Lorenzo Alexander. So 9 isn't out of the question. 

Edited by Lanny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Never could single Bryan out particularly; he was everywhere.  Those Fish teams were all Cox. 

The Jete, and Pats*, too.  He played for every current AFCE team.

(Jete, for the uninitiated:  

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The Jete, and Pats*, too.  He played for every current AFCE team.

(Jete, for the uninitiated:  

Forgot he ended up a Cheatriot for a cup of coffee.  But yeah, the sentiment is the same for those 2 as well.

And, it's just so much easier to go by J-E-S-T jest, Jest, JEST!  (They are a joke afterall.)

• Haha (+1) 1

Dalton to the Patriots seems almost inevitable.

And - while it could hurt Buffalo's chances - there's a way in which it'd be delightful to see Brady sputter in Tampa, and Dalton be perfectly serviceable (good?) in New England.

Or vice versa. I'm not fussy.

I guess I just don't want both Brady and Belichick both to experience success apart from each other.

I just don't buy that you put Andy Dalton on the Patriots and all of a sudden I have to be afraid of him.

I feel like that 2008 Pats team got pretty lucky, too. Of their 11 wins, 3 of them were against teams with winning records. The 9-7 Cardinals, 9-7 Jets (who they also lost to once), and the 11-5 Dolphins(who they also lost to once).

Edited by sabills

1 hour ago, sabills said:

I just don't buy that you put Andy Dalton on the Patriots and all of a sudden I have to be afraid of him.

I feel like that 2008 Pats team got pretty lucky, too. Of their 11 wins, 3 of them were against teams with winning records. The 9-7 Cardinals, 9-7 Jets (who they also lost to once), and the 11-5 Dolphins(who they also lost to once).

those are all fair points. i'm not saying that a dalton-led patriots team would be fearsome (at least not because of dalton). but i would wager that belichick & co. would get more out of him than the bengals had been getting.

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.