Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

26 minutes ago, Weave said:

Apparently Karlos eats grudges like he eats cheeseburgers.

I do have to ask, what is the point of bringing up that he has 8 kids in the context of the conversation? 

Assuming to assassinate his character.  Not that he needed any assistance doing that. 

On 4/8/2020 at 9:19 AM, Lanny said:

AJ Dillon

On 4/8/2020 at 10:27 AM, Randall Flagg said:

Who knows if AJ Dillon can have the impact of Derrick Henry, but man, AJ Dillon must make defenders poop their pants 

I would love to see the Bills grab Dillon. He's not as physically freakish as Henry, of course, but he is a frickin' truck in his own right. He's also a high-character guy, from what I've read and heard. He may end up have surprising success as a pro because, in college, he constantly ran against 8- and 9-man boxes. I like the idea of him getting just a little more time and space to get a head of steam. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I do have to ask, what is the point of bringing up that he has 8 kids in the context of the conversation? 

Well, YMMV, but IMHO having 8 kids at age 26 with no job for most of his adult life, other than a limited stint as a HS assistant football coach, is evidence of an irresponsible mindset.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, YMMV, but IMHO having 8 kids at age 26 with no job for most of his adult life, other than a limited stint as a HS assistant football coach, is evidence of an irresponsible mindset.

Add that to the fact that he could still be gamefully employed if he exhibited even a modicum of work ethic instead of just eating his way out of the league. Dude, you are a running back. Go for a jog or something. 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Had you went with no job, and irresponsible it would have come off as much less stereotypical than focusing on 8 kids.  Just sayin'...

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Had you went with no job, and irresponsible it would have come off as much less stereotypical than focusing on 8 kids.  Just sayin'...

Stereotypical how?

I said he came in way out of shape and was suspended for drug use.  Are those not indicators of irresponsibility?

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Stereotypical how?

I said he came in way out of shape and was suspended for drug use.  Are those not indicators of irresponsibility?

I went as far as I care to.  If you can't see how I probably can't open your eyes.

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Weave, I love ya, but it's really hard to argue with this.

The problem I have is that, instead of keeping him because he could actually ball, and then mentor him in his real life, they just cut him loose and said he had character issues.

Just now, SwampD said:

The problem I have is that, instead of keeping him because he could actually ball, and then mentor him in his real life, they just cut him loose and said he had character issues.

They didn't do that in a vacuum. He lost his job to TD Mike. Who won the job fair and square by being TD Mike.

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

But they were right.  Every single piece if info about Williams in this thread is proof to that.

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The skeptic in me says that his agency did a wonderful job of crafting a piece that checks all the boxes.  But I am very excited to have him here.

Should the Bills go after a better backup then Matt Barkley? If this is truly a real playoff team, having Barkley as the backup could destroy the season if Allen gets hurt.

The Bills have only 2 mill invested in Barkley this season and he is Allen's buddy.  However, if the goal is to win this is a position that needs to be upgraded.  I'm interested in Andy Dalton.  He is a Buffalo folk here and semi-successful starter.  

I'm also interest in Jeff Driskel.  He is a very fast and skilled runner and reminds me of Allen in many ways. I think he'd be able to execute the Allen offense, except maybe the deep ball.  He is also young enough to be a solid backup for the next 5 years.

Others?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.