Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Not that I've got a dog in this fight, but Charlie, you seem to be moving the goalposts on this.

Pretty hard to come up with a scenario where the newly hired coach that had worked with the soon to be newly selected GM DIDN'T have input on the choice.  That doesn't mean that he made the choice.

And him not having been present in Beane's interviews doesn't really contradict those that say he did have input in the process.

Any new coach would have been asked the same kind of questions about their experiences and possible GM candidates. The reason the McDermott-Beane connection is so often brought up is that it's been said for a long time that McDermott chose Beane, not that he just had input on it, because everyone in Buffalo thinks Pegula is a fool. There's no point in bringing up the McDermott-Beane prior connection other than to imply McDermott had a very strong saying in choosing the next GM when in reality he probably suggested him and others and that's all; McDermott wasn't confirming or denying Pegula's potential choices  

Edited by WildCard

8 hours ago, inkman said:

Why do you think the Chargers and Steelers will be any good?  They lost their franchise QBs (I guess REALLY Big Ben isn't officially done but ?) and don't look to have made many improvements.  

IMG_20200325_090230.jpg

@darksabre you've really let yourself go.  Is everything ok?

• Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

It all comes down to Allen. The rest of the team is built pretty well and he has his #1WR. Could he use a more reliable TE?  Sure. But it all comes down to Allen

Agreed. And I have a fair level of confidence that Allen will perform like the 4th most valuable QB in the AFC behind Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson.

20 hours ago, Marchand'sNose said:

Agreed. And I have a fair level of confidence that Allen will perform like the 4th most valuable QB in the AFC behind Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson.

I wish I could be as optimistic as so many Bills fans about Allen.  I'll be ecstatic if this is true.

17 hours ago, JujuFish said:

I wish I could be as optimistic as so many Bills fans about Allen.  I'll be ecstatic if this is true.

That's really not that high of a bar to clear. Darnold and Mayfield are other viable competition for that spot? I'm sure Browns and Jets fans might think differently but I think he's got that spot going into the year - unless I'm forgetting someone. 

KC - Mahomes

Den - Lock

Oak - Carr

LA - Tyrod

Cin - Burrows?

Cle - Mayfield

Pit - Roethlisberger

Bal - Jackson

Mia - Tua?

NYJ -Darnold

Buf - Allen

NE - Hoyer/Stidham?

Jax - Minshew

Ind - Rivers

Hou - Watson

Tenn - Tannehill

Edited by Lanny
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Lanny said:

That's really not that high of a bar to clear. Darnold and Mayfield are other viable competition for that spot? I'm sure Browns and Jets fans might think differently but I think he's got that spot going into the year - unless I'm forgetting someone.

Again, I wish I could be as optimistic. Allen screams mediocrity to me.

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We will have both college and NFL football.  The peek of this will be sometime in April.  By August this should be mostly behind us

I think Cuomo mentioned today that projections in NYC are peak in 21 days.  The rest of the country (minus Seattle) is well behind NYC.  

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Correct. There will be additional waves. And additional shutdowns, I presume.

At some point soon we are going to have to re-open our society regardless if their is a 2nd wave.  The long-term damage to the economy, small business specifically,  y remaining “closed” would be worse then the disease.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

At some point soon we are going to have to re-open our society regardless if their is a 2nd wave.  The long-term damage to the economy, small business specifically,  y remaining “closed” would be worse then the disease.

The assumption is the additional waves result from the re-normalizing.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Okay Don. 

You don't help the economy by opening up shop, you help the economy by effectively fighting the virus. These things are not independent of one another, and pretending there is some alternate universe in which things aren't shut down, the virus is running unchecked, and the economy is humming along as if everything is normal is a universe that doesn't exist. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We will have both college and NFL football.  The peek of this will be sometime in April.  By August this should be mostly behind us

I wish you were correct. For NCAA I predict out of conference schedule gets canceled and conference games played without fans early on. For NFL preseason gets cancelled and opening weekend games  might get moved to bye week before playoffs. Also early season games will be played without fans. 

12 hours ago, Lanny said:

KC - Mahomes

Den - Lock

Oak - Carr

LA - Tyrod

Cin - Burrows?

Cle - Mayfield

Pit - Roethlisberger

Bal - Jackson

Mia - Tua?

NYJ -Darnold

Buf - Allen

NE - Hoyer/Stidham?

Jax - Minshew

Ind - Rivers

Hou - Watson

Tenn - Tannehill

Yes, thank you. This is exactly my point. I'm assuming Mahomes and Jackson and Watson will keep doing their thing, Tannehill will regress toward career baseline, Darnold and Mayfield will stall due to organizational incompetence, Rivers and Roethlisberger will be making their retirement plans, Tua and Burrow will play like QB rookies, etc... 4th best AFC QB is a perfectly reasonable prediction. To quantify it a bit, I am expecting a jump in Allen's QB rating from 85 to 95. My reasons: third year of experience in Daboll's system, OL returning intact plus Darryl Williams, finally a true #1 WR with Diggs, and an expected north-south RB upgrade to Gore somewhere in the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.