Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

Just now, sodbuster said:

I'm irrationally happy about this. In my head I know he's declining, and I'm still not convinced this isn't all just public negotiation by Brady's camp, but in my heart I just hate the guy and want him out of the division.

The whole thing makes pretty much no sense, but I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, sodbuster said:

I'm irrationally happy about this. In my head I know he's declining, and I'm still not convinced this isn't all just public negotiation by Brady's camp, but in my heart I just hate the guy and want him out of the division.

Signals the end of our time in hell. Course it really doesn't mean a whole lot as long as Belicheat is there, but losing 1/2 of the tandem is a great start

1 hour ago, shrader said:

The whole thing makes pretty much no sense, but I'm all for it.

I think he wants a contract that makes him the highest paid player in the league. Not for the money, but for the respect. He's taken undervalued contracts for years from the Pats to help the team. Now he wants to get paid like the best player in the league, which he was for a long time.

No way Belichick is giving him that, so he'll play for the Raiders or something weird for 2 years, then retire.

17 minutes ago, sabills said:

I think he wants a contract that makes him the highest paid player in the league. Not for the money, but for the respect. He's taken undervalued contracts for years from the Pats to help the team. Now he wants to get paid like the best player in the league, which he was for a long time.

No way Belichick is giving him that, so he'll play for the Raiders or something weird for 2 years, then retire.

Ego is a crazy thing.

11 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Bills should sign Brady so he can sit behind Allen for a few seasons to learn the ropes.

I am 100% for the Bills signing Brady and then benching him forever. It would make the Bills better by removing Brady from their slate of opponents this year (NE, TEN, LAC, LV - every team he's rumored to, we have to play). 

Brady doesn't remove our NE problem though. Sean and Brandon have not beaten the pats yet, and in the first 5 tries, Brady was pretty mediocre, throwing 3 TDs to 5 INTs. he was downright awful week 4 of this past season. We still lost. 

Then, Brady was good enough in week 16 that I'd still be happy to see him leave NE. 

I hope he does it just because i'm sick of the 20 year same-old same-old. 

Also, if Brady was on the roster and you ignored unquantifiable locker room fallout stuff, of course I'd start him over Josh Allen in a vacuum, I'm just joking around 

Edited by Randall Flagg

7 minutes ago, shrader said:

Ego is a crazy thing.

Its really the only thing left for him at this point, I guess. He's proven everything else. He's the greatest QB of all time, if not the most skilled (I still say Montana and Peyton had more raw skill than him). He's probably the greatest PLAYER of all time. He's been in the SB 9 times. 9! Thats the most by any player BY THREE. He's won 6 of them, and gotten the MVP in 4. The guy walks out the door and into the Hall.

Might as well get paid like it once.

Listening to NY football radio talk... they were talking about how great for the Jets it will be with no Brady... how the division will theirs. They talk as if this past season never happened, as if there's no question they are currently a better team than the Bills. How Darnold is so much more talented than Allen ("...yeah, Allen's a great athlete, but not a QB").

Can't wait to tune in when they are eliminated from the playoffs next season. It was a treat listening to them having nervous breakdowns this season.

11 hours ago, sabills said:

Its really the only thing left for him at this point, I guess. He's proven everything else. He's the greatest QB of all time, if not the most skilled (I still say Montana and Peyton had more raw skill than him). He's probably the greatest PLAYER of all time. He's been in the SB 9 times. 9! Thats the most by any player BY THREE. He's won 6 of them, and gotten the MVP in 4. The guy walks out the door and into the Hall.

Might as well get paid like it once.

9 hours ago, Indabuff said:

TB is one of the greatest of all time but I personally give BB most of the credit for it.  I think BB is the type of coach that can make just about anyone excel.  I dread a new young QB entering the New England equation. 

I know I’m in the minority here, but I’ll never view him as one of the greatest of all time. Sure, his accomplishments are great, but how much of it was due to his skills or talents?

Wow, he efficiently dinked and dunked behind great lines. And had an incredibly amazing coach and cheater in B.B.  

Are there zero other QB’s that could’ve excelled in those conditions the way 12 has? That’s my main question.  

2 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I’ll never view him as one of the greatest of all time. Sure, his accomplishments are great, but how much of it was due to his skills or talents?

Wow, he efficiently dinked and dunked behind great lines. And had an incredibly amazing coach and cheater in B.B.  

Are there zero other QB’s that could’ve excelled in those conditions the way 12 has? That’s my main question.  

More or less. No QB has ever thought the game at that level - Tom is always three steps ahead. He not only knows what the defense is doing to stop him, he knows how they are going to respond to how they think he'll adjust, and already has THAT beaten too. And it goes far beyond vague, weak assertions of "cheating" (which is not to say that things like spygate weren't disgusting and bad and tarnishing of NE forever, they are). This is stuff that changes so often that it'd be impossible to not have caught them doing it a million times over, again and again, week after week, for cheating to be an adequate explanation for the mental chess that Brady is capable of. Teams go ridiculous lengths to change and disguise and rename and stunt their coverages and alignments, even on a drive-to-drive basis, no matter who they are playing against. With Tom, it doesn't matter, he beats defenses in the mental game more than any QB ever has. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.