Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Am I the only one remembering Knox with several key drops last season?  Isn't Greg Olsen one of the most sure handed players in the NFL?  Wouldn't he be an upgrade over every right end not named Dawson on the Bills roster?  Any rookie they draft will need time to get acclimated and may not pan out. A known qauntity is available and everyone says pass because something better may or may not be available?  I don't get it.  

Pretty sure Knox lead the team in drop %

Knox' drop numbers were disgusting. I think he dropped something like 19% of ALL targets.

But it was almost always because he was looking up field too early versus just plain having bad hands, which makes me think he's coachable. Which is good because he is a freaking beast and has a lot of potential

And I saw that RB mock draft too. No way it happens

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Knox' drop numbers were disgusting. I think he dropped something like 19% of ALL targets.

But it was almost always because he was looking up field too early versus just plain having bad hands, which makes me think he's coachable. Which is good because he is a freaking beast and has a lot of potential

And I saw that RB mock draft too. No way it happens

I mean the Bills themselves already displayed their value on RBs in the draft. They got a top talent in round freaking 3.  Now all of a sudden they are gonna throw that out and take one in round 1.  They are going edge in Rd 1,.almost guaranteed. I suspect WR in Rd 2, OL, LB and CB not particularly in that order after that. 

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, inkman said:

I mean the Bills themselves already displayed their value on RBs in the draft. They got a top talent in round freaking 3.  Now all of a sudden they are gonna throw that out and take one in round 1.  They are going edge in Rd 1,.almost guaranteed. I suspect WR in Rd 2, OL, LB and CB not particularly in that order after that. 

Sign me up for this, presuming they know their stuff on these WRs and can get some offensive help in free agency.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, inkman said:

It's refreshing that the Bills have (lately) been demonstrating that they generally understand position values. Gone are the days when we draft CJ Spiller in the 1st round.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2020 at 9:17 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Spot on. It seems evident that the NFL wants a team in London, full-time. The Jaguars would be a relocation candidate, I'd say.

I see what they're trying to do, but I think it's a horrible idea only because of the difference in time zones and jetlag that can range anywhere between 5 to 8 hours.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:20 PM, Samson's Flow said:

It's refreshing that the Bills have (lately) been demonstrating that they generally understand position values. Gone are the days when we draft CJ Spiller in the 1st round.

The New England Patriots drafted Michel in the first round. Do they understand positional value?

21 hours ago, Weave said:

Anyone watching XFL?  My Godson is starting right tackle for NY Guardians.  Had a good game today.

I need to buy a jersey.

I took in some of the St Louis/Dallas game.  Some interesting rule differences, especially on kickoffs.  It was weird to see the Rangers (former) stadium configured for football. 

EDIT:  The attendance for the game was 17,000.  I think that's pretty impressive for a startup league.

Edited by Doohickie

@FieldYates
The Bills and starting DT Star Lotulelei have agreed to a restructured contract for the final three years of his deal. For 2020, Lotulelei’s base salary drops by $1.75M, but becomes fully guaranteed, with $2.5M in injury guarantees for 2021 added. Some benefit for both sides.

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

@FieldYates
The Bills and starting DT Star Lotulelei have agreed to a restructured contract for the final three years of his deal. For 2020, Lotulelei’s base salary drops by $1.75M, but becomes fully guaranteed, with $2.5M in injury guarantees for 2021 added. Some benefit for both sides.

This is so smart.  Obviously Terry knows what he's doing.

(No, he just has a better GM in the NFL.)

15 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is so smart.  Obviously Terry knows what he's doing.

(No, he just has a better GM in the NFL.)

To be fair, these types of games are not allowed in the NHL.  That's one thing I'll always credit the NHL for, at least the average person can understand how their cap works.

6 hours ago, shrader said:

To be fair, these types of games are not allowed in the NHL.  That's one thing I'll always credit the NHL for, at least the average person can understand how their cap works.

I would almost say the opposite. So many people know how the nfl works that they misapply strategies used there to the nhl. 

46 minutes ago, SDS said:

I would almost say the opposite. So many people know how the nfl works that they misapply strategies used there to the nhl. 

Good luck explaining all of that to the average non-hardcore follower of football though.  Me personally, I've never really paid much attention to it so I have no clue how they do it, just that they can.  People starting from scratch, they're going to figure out the NHL system far quicker and with less effort than they will the NFL.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:24 PM, SDS said:

That people try to apply the convoluted rules of the NFL salary cap to the far simpler NHL salary cap does not make the NHL cap more difficult nor more confusing. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I suspect that our 1st two draft picks will be on an edge rusher and a tall WR, but what about free agency? What holds will they try to fill there?  TE, OL, depth at RB?  What about a better backup QB?

If they snag an edge rusher in FA, they could go CB in the first round.  Put another lockdown guy out there with White, and have some protection if Trey's contract negotiations go sideways.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.