GDT: Colorado at Buffalo, Feb. 4, 2020, 7:08 p.m. ET (MSG)

PASabreFan

6 hours ago, #freejame said:

I used to love the Avalanche growing up. It was difficult being a Sabres fan after No Goal, especially once Hasek left. The Sabres were not good, attendance was low, and the owner was a criminal. But Joe Sakic and the Avs? Now that was a team that was fun to watch. I remember the excitement of getting Chris Drurys McDonalds rookie card. My first Sakic sweater. My second Sakic sweater. My third Sakic sweater. Jumping up and down on the couch watching them beat the Devils in the cup. I don’t follow the Avs closely anymore, but I love me some Nathan MacKinnon and Gabe Landeskog. I might watch tonight for the nostalgia. Maybe they’ll talk about Hejduk and Tanguay or Blake and Foote at some point. 

Go Sabres...

I hear ya, the Avs were sure fun as hell to watch back in the day...

Now if you were a Nordiques fan thats a different story

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I was posting about Dahlin and Larsson dealing with maintenance and the fact that the flu is making the rounds through the room. 

Hutton is the least if their problems right now and has looked very good. As you mentioned the problem remains with lack of scoring. 

The Amerks play in Cleveland tomorrow.  

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Ditto on the flu remarks. It's always bugged me. (Wasn't even going for that pun, but I am proud nonetheless.) I kind of wish some reporter would be brave enough to ask Rasmus (pick a Rasmus, any Rasmus), if his asmus had been exploding.

But then along comes Doohickie to, in SS fashion, muddy the waters.

Whatever is going around, I would propose there are many things an NHL team could do to limit the spread of disease. For the love of God, stop passing that towel around. Dedicated water bottles? OK, I said many and came up with two. ***** off, you couldn't even name one.

Tru, if you have fever, upper respiratory... likely flu,  stomach bug 24-48 hours going around and a nasty sinus infection cold going around.  Now the ER I work in is full of everyone scared of the corona virus when it is just a cold or stomach bug... soo done... Go Sabres.   

Didnt shower post beer league hockey game or touch anything then washed especially hands when I got home last nite though Im betting my hockey bag bacteria can kick any viruses arse...

Edited by North Buffalo
added stuff

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

I used to love the Avalanche growing up. It was difficult being a Sabres fan after No Goal, especially once Hasek left. The Sabres were not good, attendance was low, and the owner was a criminal. But Joe Sakic and the Avs? Now that was a team that was fun to watch. I remember the excitement of getting Chris Drurys McDonalds rookie card. My first Sakic sweater. My second Sakic sweater. My third Sakic sweater. Jumping up and down on the couch watching them beat the Devils in the cup. I don’t follow the Avs closely anymore, but I love me some Nathan MacKinnon and Gabe Landeskog. I might watch tonight for the nostalgia. Maybe they’ll talk about Hejduk and Tanguay or Blake and Foote at some point. 

Go Sabres...

Dont leave out Peter Forsberg, those 2 together was magical to say the least.

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Sounds like Dan isn't returning next season.

That was an odd Tweet, wasn't it, even though he said "For the Season"

Can't be certain Rick will be be available for every game he's scheduled these days, so the sentiment was overkill.

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:
I was posting about Dahlin and Larsson dealing with maintenance and the fact that the flu is making the rounds through the room. 

Hutton is the least if their problems right now and has looked very good. As you mentioned the problem remains with lack of scoring. 

I didn't mean to insinuate that you were, I just thought it amusing that Brawndo and who appears to be Brawndo Jr. posted similar tweets. 

As for the flu, I find it amusing that so many athletes apparently catch it, don't they take measures like the flu shot to keep from getting it?? Or can that be the reason it lasts only one day. 

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

The problem with staph infections is that the bacteria is everywhere and constantly evolving.  If you over-treat it with antibiotics, it selects for antibiotic-resistant strains.  

Actually it's when you don't finish your allotment or don't take it as prescribed,  that it can become resistant not by taking too much.

lol, the state of the Sabres. Must win game and the discussion is on the flu.........

This is the kind of game I think that will clearly demonstrate how actually far away from competing for the playoffs in the real half of the season we are. Unless they take us lightly, which is I suppose a possibility. 

I think, this will be painful to watch. 

9 minutes ago, jsb said:

I didn't mean to insinuate that you were, I just thought it amusing that Brawndo and who appears to be Brawndo Jr. posted similar tweets. 

As for the flu, I find it amusing that so many athletes apparently catch it, don't they take measures like the flu shot to keep from getting it?? Or can that be the reason it lasts only one day. 

Actually it's when you don't finish your allotment or don't take it as prescribed,  that it can become resistant not by taking too much.

Wild is too good looking to be My Kid. Thank God that My Kids look like Mrs Brawndo 

I can tell you the entire team is strongly encouraged to get the flu shot and the team doctors provide the shots after early season practices. The problem is this year’s flu shot isn’t as good as against the strain of influenza that is prevalent this year.  Couple that with having 23-30 people in close proximity in locker rooms and weight rooms where droplets easily spread, and unfortunately people can be contagious before exhibiting full blown  symptoms

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.