Iowa Caucus

SABRES 0311

If I tried to pay attention to this my angst would only grow.  Watching party candidate hopefuls tear each other apart is ridiculous.  Let's all trash each other but when one person is picked let's be expected to throw our support behind that person... yeah, the one we just said was unfit to be picked.

Could anything be more asinine?

And its both parties... just depends on the year.

11 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I thought I’d reach across the aisle and start a thread for my lib friends. Honestly I don’t understand what I’m watching on CNN. I see a bunch of people yelling at other people to come join their little group. Most are either really old or college students. 

Yeah that's how the Iowa caucuses work for both parties, IIRC.

11 hours ago, LTS said:

If I tried to pay attention to this my angst would only grow.  Watching party candidate hopefuls tear each other apart is ridiculous.  Let's all trash each other but when one person is picked let's be expected to throw our support behind that person... yeah, the one we just said was unfit to be picked.

Yes.  It's silly.

8 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Poll results delayed due to inconsistencies in reporting. Somehow it’s just not a surprise.

It is a complete disaster.

2 hours ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

Russian interference!

Don't rule it out.

21 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I’m not hearing good things about this app people were supposed to use. This just feels like someone is about to get screwed over.

Well, yeah, Sanders is.

Had initially thought Buttigeig would be as well, but it looks like his backers were the ones that developed the app; so am expecting it'll just be Bernie getting hosed.

20 hours ago, LTS said:

Kind of like those clowns that ran against Trump and now lick his boots and wipe his butt

On 2/4/2020 at 2:48 PM, 5th line wingnutt said:

What a fiasco.  All you have to do is count the votes and report the results.  This appears to be beyond the competence of the Democrats.  These are the same folks who want to control the economy and micromanage your life.

It's because getting things right matters to them.  They don't like to just make stuff up and then backfill, or worse, compound a bunch of lies.  That's the Cult Leader's job.

Edited by Eleven

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

It's because getting things right matters to them.  They don't like to just make stuff up and then backfill, or worse, compound a bunch of lies.  That's the Cult Leader's job.

Maybe not... https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2020/02/05/iowa-democratic-party-reports-iowa-caucus-results-with-errors/4672474002/

What a clown show.

Edited by 5th line wingnutt