GDT: Blue Jackets @ XXX - Saturday, February 1st @ 1PM

Mustache of God

3 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I take back my FFS.

It's still FFS worthy. McCabe blows a tire and makes that play. How do make the NHL without knowing how to skate?

2 minutes ago, Kristian said:

You’re allowed to angle your skate to have the puck go off it, into the net. Sabres were gifted that one.

Your skate can't move forward. It was called correctly.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Kristian said:

You’re allowed to angle your skate to have the puck go off it, into the net. Sabres were gifted that one.

Yes, but with his leg positioned as it was, there's no way for Wennberg to turn the blade without his leg popping a bit of a follow-through action as it scrapes the ice. Therein the motion of kicking even though all he did was turn his blade. They have to call that popping-forward leg motion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kristian said:

That's not what happened. He added energy to the puck to make it go in. I just don't call it a distinct kicking motion. This call is consistent with the way the league has been calling it.

Just now, Kristian said:

Agreed. The whole "kicking motion" rule is meant to stop players from swinging their skates around near the goalies during scrums around the net. 

That play was definitely more "directing the puck" than it was "kicking motion".

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's still FFS worthy. McCabe blows a tire and makes that play. How do make the NHL without knowing how to skate?

Your skate can't move forward.

His whole body was moving forward. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yea I misinterpreted your post. We all good ?

Another fine Jason Botterill contract. 

I was thinking, has he signed a single good contract in 3 years? I can't count Sam's considering what he will get and what we could have had him at. I guess Eichel's is the closest, and that was kind of a no-brainer deal, one he also had to get a fair bit of luck with. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

I was thinking, has he signing a single good contract in 3 years? I can't count Sam's considering what he will get and what we could have had him at. I guess Eichel's is the closest, and that was kind of a no-brainer deal, one he also had to get a fair bit of luck with. 

Eichel for sure. I'll also credit him for landing Pilut. And I think Johansson's contract is perfectly appropriate...just not the plan to play him at 2C.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.