GDT: Blue Jackets @ XXX - Saturday, February 1st @ 1PM

Mustache of God

10 minutes ago, freester said:

Look at what a great coach and a great GM can do despite losing elite talent in free agency. Now look at our incompetent GM and you know why we are the shitshow of the league. 

Never a fan of Torts personality, but cannot deny his results.  He gets more from less than anyone.  As far as their GM, I couldn’t call him great.  The trades of a first and 2 seconds last year will have an impact down the road.   Nyquist signing is questionable at $5.5m.   Not his fault his three biggest UFA’s left town but it’s not like they made any moves to fill those holes.  Not defending JB by any means. 
vegas has buffalo as -110 or even on the Moneyline.  Wonder why.  Seems like our season is over and would be an easy Columbus win.  But they know way more than us, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Sabres win.

Now that the playoffs are all but gone what are the players playing for now? More of the same?

"We're playing for each other"? or maybe "we play for our pride"? Or is it some more of this gem, "we have to gain steam going in to the off season for next season"?

And if none of those rear their ugly heads, which I'm sure some will, they can always do their favorite fall back line, "we need to finish up strong, because, you know, we have no freaking idea why"...………..

go sabres, I guess...……...

38 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Never a fan of Torts personality, but cannot deny his results.  He gets more from less than anyone.  As far as their GM, I couldn’t call him great.  The trades of a first and 2 seconds last year will have an impact down the road.   Nyquist signing is questionable at $5.5m.   Not his fault his three biggest UFA’s left town but it’s not like they made any moves to fill those holes.  Not defending JB by any means. 
vegas has buffalo as -110 or even on the Moneyline.  Wonder why.  Seems like our season is over and would be an easy Columbus win.  But they know way more than us, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the Sabres win.

If we hired Torts and Jarmo today and fired Botteril, we could be a playoff contender next season. 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Jaro had narrow window, knew that he would be losing his Top Player in UFA and he went for it.

Jack in an interview after the season remarked how bold the move was and wished that more teams would do it. 

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Hutton in net 

And the Sabres are getting the backup treatment

I couldn't do it during the tank year until the Sabres were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but I am seriously considering rooting for losses until personnel changes are made.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Jaro had narrow window, knew that he would be losing his Top Player in UFA and he went for it.

Jack in an interview after the season remarked how bold the move was and wished that more teams would do it. 

Jarmo also drafted Dubois over countryman Puuljujarvi. Looks good now.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I couldn't do it during the tank year until the Sabres were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but I am seriously considering rooting for losses until personnel changes are made.

And when JoJo comes in and gives us the rookie Marty Biron in Pittsburgh performance?

I'll listen while driving to Brockport for my kids game today.  Miss most of it while I am there.

Glad to see tickets prices have gone to the floor so I can pick up a few games and take my son.  It's hockey.. and as frustrating as it is and as much as I want them to be better, I'll still go if the economics are right.  

If they get you down, tune out, why let them impact even a part of your life negatively.  You can still be a fan and not pay attention.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He was losing his top 2 players Bobs and panarin    Jarmo is awesome. Unfortunately he’s not available. 

15 minutes ago, freester said:

He was losing his top 2 players Bobs and panarin    Jarmo is awesome. Unfortunately he’s not available. 

I applaud them for going all-in for it last year. Dzingel, Duchesne, and some others weren't enough to get them through, though.

It'd be like if in '06-'07, knowing we might lose Briere and Drury, we'd have rented Peter Forsberg from the Flyers and Bill Guerin from the Blues. (And also gotten some AHL D as insurance.) Instead of Zubrus, who was solid for us, and AHL D insurance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.