JS Dea Called up

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

We're saved!

Over herrreeee! Help, Dea! Please, help!

1 hour ago, pastajoe said:

And Krueger will sit Dea and play 7 D. ?

Hopefully, Dea gets a try as a 2C -- what he's been doing in Rochester. And that allows us to play real forward lines and not try to get minutes to Bogo.

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart; Johansson-Dea-Frolik; Girgensons-Larsson-Vesey; ERod-Lazar-Sheary

• Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Over herrreeee! Help, Dea! Please, help!

Hopefully, Dea gets a try as a 2C -- what he's been doing in Rochester. And that allows us to play real forward lines and not try to get minutes to Bogo.

Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart; Johansson-Dea-Frolik; Girgensons-Larsson-Vesey; ERod-Lazar-Sheary

Had he been the 2C prior to Mittelstadt getting sent down?

Because more often than not, at least before Wilson was sent down, Mittelstadt centered that line between Elie and Dea.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Had he been the 2C prior to Mittelstadt getting sent down?

Because more often than not, at least before Wilson was sent down, Mittelstadt centered that line between Elie and Dea.

I kind of put Asplund as the 1C and Dea as 2C. Admittedly I don't have nearly as many notes on ROC, but what I do have has Dea all over the place.

CJ Smith - Dea - Lazar  (most of December when ROC was humming --- which is what I used as my reasoning above)

Gilmour - Dea - Paetsch   (Now that's a line right there!)

Wilson - Asplund - Dea (Most recently with Mitts down)

So, in summation, Dea could be anywhere. But I'd try him at 2C first with two veteran wingers (MoJo and Frolik) and get Skinner up top so at least we have one threatening line. Skinner has been so close, if he gets one... it could totally reignite him. He is one of those streaky guy who can carry a team for a couple weeks at a time if he gets hot. (Vanek/Stafford most recently for us).

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Welcome to the *****-show Dea. Please check your "love for the game" with the valet before entering the arena, they will return it to you upon your exit.

Have a nice stay......

I believe I heard on the radio that Dea is expected to be processed through the hockey passion erasure program (HPEP) today in preparation for tomorrow's game against Columbus.

• Haha (+1) 3

I hope he does well. On the positive side, he's 25 and has played 30 games in the NHL so this won't bedazzle him in any way. He's been solid for ROC and Taylor so hopefully he's mostly positionally sound and keeps it simple. He's a deserves a call-up since Asplund got his chance and was replaced by Frolik and Mitts needs to just stay down.

Is he a savior? Anything long term? Nah, but he's a 14th forward and can step in for a few games while Okposo (not a concussion) gets healthy.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.