Are we on the precipice of something here?

PASabreFan

On 1/31/2020 at 9:27 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't take this as a defense of ownership, but there is no surer way to make everyone hate you than trying to do something nice.

Terry walks on water in your world.  Here's to another decade of fabulous results!

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It would be torture all right. Quite a waste of time. Mostly not about the Sabres.

Yeah, I kept waiting and waiting for something beyond recapping playoff droughts or something much more Sabres focus but unless it came in the last 90 seconds that I gave up on, I don’t see the benefit of the Pegulas watching. 

12 hours ago, #freejame said:

Yeah, I kept waiting and waiting for something beyond recapping playoff droughts or something much more Sabres focus but unless it came in the last 90 seconds that I gave up on, I don’t see the benefit of the Pegulas watching. 

In this way, I do think it would benefit the Pegulas to watch:

The Hockey Guy lays down a clear metric for the team: 4-5 years maximum on a rebuild.  Of course, that implies that GMTM and Disco Dan Bylsma should have got another year, which may or may not have been a good thing.

Terry and Kim would see that non-Sabres fans think this is crap.  They would also see that bullying the local sports media -- as bad as they are -- is a waste of time and only adds to the negative energy.  There is no stopping the fans' disgust from getting beyond WNY -- Duane and Melody Martin are LEAGUE-WIDE stories.  They can't stick their fingers in their ears and deny that something different has happened and everyone knows about it.

I believe JNot when he says that Terry and Kim don't like what's going on.  But only they can get 28 functioning AHL and NHL forwards in Buffalo and Rochester, not have 19 different defencemen available for the NHL and AHL to start the season (includes Hunwick and Scandella), have 4 natural NHL-calibre centres on the NHL roster, and an alternative for back-up goaltender ready.

Without a doubt, this is absolutely positively the worst roster construction I have ever seen for a non-tanking team in my lifetime.  This is on JNot, Terry, and Kim.

ASIDE: I love what the Pegulas have done locally.  They have helped the mindset of locals by helping improve downtown. -- we used to be defencive about being from Buffalo before them; I can not describe how much their spending has helped the community.  I will forever be grateful to them for helping my hometown find itself again.  They have done everyone here a great favour by getting involved.

HOWEVER: Their management of the Sabres still sucks.

35 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Sabres lost their half decent goalie and the team looks like crap.  5 goals on 13 shots...

Remember, the Stanley cup champions were LAST PLACE HALFWAY THROUGH THE SEASON LAST YEAR when they switched away from the goalie who was BETTER than Hutton to someone else, and a coaching change.

To go further than the goalie is grasping at straws.  Hutton has completely laid an egg this season, and so has any hope of playoffs as soon as Ullmark hurt himself.

Find me one team who goes far with a sketchy goaltender.  No team does!

On 2/3/2020 at 10:01 AM, PASabreFan said:

What's the missed deadline Duane was talking about? Something about the Sabres missing a deadline that would have allowed them to wear the goatheads during warmups? Where would those jerseys have come from?

Brent Rossi, who was  Chief Administrative Officer for the Sabres, was fired along with two other executives in February 2019, none of the three were ever replaced. Supposedly one of Rossi’s Jobs was to make sure and order was placed with Adidas for the Goatheads, for players and alumni a like. The last word on the matter before he was fired was that everything was in place.  No remaining employees bothered to check if this was accurate. 

It wasn’t. And there wasn’t enough production time to produce the jerseys as the deadline had passed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Brent Rossi, who was  Chief Administrative Officer for the Sabres, was fired along with two other executives in February 2019, none of the three were ever replaced. Supposedly one of Rossi’s Jobs was to make sure and order was placed with Adidas for the Goatheads, for players and alumni a like. The last word on the matter before he was fired was that everything was in place.  No remaining employees bothered to check if this was accurate. 

It wasn’t. And there wasn’t enough production time to produce the jerseys as the deadline had passed. 

I believe you because I have no reason not to and I can’t think of instances when you’ve been wrong, but this is definitely something I would like to read for myself. 

15 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Interesting. Sounds like straight up neglect is to blame. Pegula neglected to replace ppl and they don't pay enough attention to hockey anymore to notice or at this point care. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.