Are we on the precipice of something here?

PASabreFan

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, is this where the team should have bought the jerseys for that event that has everyone in a tizzy, in order for everyone to not be in a tizzy?

No, because they aren't as authentic as they might seem:  https://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/buffalo-sabres-1990s-away-ccm-throwback-jersey-customized-any-name-number-s/

There really wasn't a way for the team to handle this one, unless the players had their old sweaters.

Edited by Eleven

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

No, because they aren't as authentic as they might seem:  https://www.customthrowbackjerseys.com/buffalo-sabres-1990s-away-ccm-throwback-jersey-customized-any-name-number-s/

There really wasn't a way for the team to handle this one, unless the players had their old sweaters.

Yep. That was my point. There are plenty of things to be upset about over this team. This ain’t one.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What's the missed deadline Duane was talking about? Something about the Sabres missing a deadline that would have allowed them to wear the goatheads during warmups? Where would those jerseys have come from?

Just now, PASabreFan said:

What's the missed deadline Duane was talking about? Something about the Sabres missing a deadline that would have allowed them to wear the goatheads during warmups? Where would those jerseys have come from?

I don't know and it really doesn't matter.  

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Also — how will the Sabres handle the next decade celebration?

Same response as before.  Maybe there won't be any Sabres.  Maybe we'll all be dead.  Or maybe there will be a wonderful celebration.  We don't know and it doesn't really matter.

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Same response as before.  Maybe there won't be any Sabres.  Maybe we'll all be dead.  Or maybe there will be a wonderful celebration.  We don't know and it doesn't really matter.

Is this the motif of the day? Give useless replies? And I wasn't even asking you. Perhaps you can find another creepy online buddy?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

To be fair to 11, I originally read your post the same way, like you were asking about the 60th anniversary.

Yeah that's what I thought.

8 minutes ago, ... said:

Apparently we're not supposed to be upset with how the Sabres are run?

No, just this particular sub-issue.

4 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

FWIW, the lack of goatheads didn't bother me that much.  The misspellings on the other hand are inexcusable.

It appears that we are in agreement.

40 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So you're suggesting that there was absolutely no way for an NHL franchise to get some custom made sweaters?  None. Not possible.

There are other ways of getting things done other than ordering them off the internet but they take time and planning.  FWIW, the lack of goatheads didn't bother me that much.  The misspellings on the other hand are inexcusable.

This is the correct answer.  Had proper planning and logistics been done, they could easily have had a licensed supplier make a run of officially branded goathead Jerseys.  Some for the players themselves, and others for the fans coming to pay  homage to their 90's team.   You think those fans coming (that night or later) might have purchased a few of these sweaters?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ... said:

I didn't ask if it was the ideal, I asked if it were done.

Interesting that was your response, though.

I guess I'm not certain of your meaning?  Going to a judge with a case built upon minutiae is a good way to have the case dismissed.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.