Are we on the precipice of something here?

PASabreFan

39 minutes ago, SwampD said:

No. Just, no.

We are paying for the tank. Letting Lindy go was a favor to him.

We are paying for it because the GM is incompetent. It can be argued the tank set up a scenario that would be difficult for any GM, so therefore arguably it wasn’t a good strategy, but I won’t argue it couldn’t have worked. 

Botterill, as a poor GM, certainly hasn’t been up to the task. But, he wouldn’t have been up for an easier task, and a great GM may have been able to manage this one. 

I think at this point we should set our sites on a merely “good” GM, and let the chips fall where they may. 

Not one who, in 2020, has such a nonsensical bias when drafting players that the biggest developmental league in the world is not an option to select from after the top 10 or so picks, like for one head-scratching example of what we’re currently dealing with. 

Edited by Thorny

20 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Is this the same feeling that made you state that we would sweep Tampa this year? If so, we're doomed ?

Sidenote, why are the emojis here now trash? 

I didn't realize just how much lack of sack they had this year.

Here's to hoping Duane gave it back to them.

11 hours ago, Thorny said:

Botterill has done SO many other poor and questionable things they should have no problem firing him. 

SMH. A fairly good job lol. He has a comedic list of errors even separate from ROR, the trade that he also conceived of in the first place. But I’m not getting into that again.

This franchise is tying an anchor to its foot and jumping overboard if they willingly let Botterill have his way with the upcoming cap space this summer. 

That they’ll let him have at it is a terrifying thought. He might be the worst GM in the league. He’s certainly far and away the worst GM I’ve witnessed running the Sabres. 

Like, it’s not close. He’s real bad. Just one thing out of a million, looking at the Skinner situation makes me actively mad. The result of it is now a 9 million dollar player who has 19 points. 19 points. We are paying him the same amount per point as KO,  who everyone says is among the worst contracts in the league. He has SEVEN YEARS left after this one. We cannot allow this GM to set this franchise back any more. Keep JB and Eichel could be gonzo. 

RESULTS. The team has not improved an inch in 3 years. Dear lord there are 31 of these positions in the entire world, it’s for the elite of the elite. Can we please just expect better. 

IMAGINE IF BERGLUND DIDN’T SKIP TOWN? Botterill is a roster construction, contract negotiating, cap management nightmare thus far. 

I, on the other hand, will happily go into the ROR trade again. Even if the speculation is correct and it was driven by ownership, Botterill still decided that the deal he took was the best on the table. I'm sure he thought it was the best deal, but what in the world are we doing believing he actually took the best deal? His forward acquisition history should provide no such confidence. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Eleven said:

This man has no reason to be charitable to us, to the team, or to Kerry and Tim.  Yet...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/buffalo-sabres-fans-ready-snap-cant-blame/

After we re-sign Reinhart and Montour (ugh) we really don’t have the cap space that it’s made out we have. I’m glad to see Botts starting to catch flak for the Skinner deal, it’s funny how he says he won’t let the fans affect his decision making then he gives out that god awful contract because of a looming fan revolt. This is a bad team and is going to stay bad for a long time. 

22 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Per team policy they are cheap knockoff emojis from China.

This is the one thing I can't fault the team on.  No one makes authentic goatheads any more and no one has for some time, is what I've heard, so the team was forced to go that route or not have any goatheads at all.

38 minutes ago, Eleven said:

This is the one thing I can't fault the team on.  No one makes authentic goatheads any more and no one has for some time, is what I've heard, so the team was forced to go that route or not have any goatheads at all.

Or have a contest to see what fan's May goathead Brad wears during the ceremony. Easy!

Edited by PASabreFan

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Or have a contest to see what fan's May goathead Brad wears during the ceremony. Easy!

Works for me, assuming that people showed up with the right authentic sweaters in close enough sizes.

Edited by Eleven

On 2/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Eleven said:

Did these players not have authentic jerseys of their own?

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fair question. 

Obviously they would not have the new ones if any errors were made on those, but I would think they would have jerseys from their playing days which were always pretty roomy back then. 

25 minutes ago, SDS said:

Obviously they would not have the new ones if any errors were made on those, but I would think they would have jerseys from their playing days which were always pretty roomy back then. 

How hard is it to look on google or the Sabres Media Guide to get the players names right.  Honestly the team should have made 50th anniversary editions of all the different jersey's given them to the alumni and gotten their friggin names right.  Do it right or don't do it all.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

How hard is it to look on google or the Sabres Media Guide to get the players names right.  Honestly the team should have made 50th anniversary editions of all the different jersey's given them to the alumni and gotten their friggin names right.  Do it right or don't do it all.  

I really haven’t followed the story. Has a bellybutton been identified? 

On 2/1/2020 at 7:09 AM, #freejame said:

After we re-sign Reinhart and Montour (ugh) we really don’t have the cap space that it’s made out we have. I’m glad to see Botts starting to catch flak for the Skinner deal, it’s funny how he says he won’t let the fans affect his decision making then he gives out that god awful contract because of a looming fan revolt. This is a bad team and is going to stay bad for a long time. 

Yup. I fully expect him to overpay both of them and then we will have 3 long term over inflated deals assuring we can't build.  JBot doesn't have a clue. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.