GDT Montreal at Buffalo, January 30, 2020, 7 o'clock post meridiem, MSG Network, WGR 550 amplitude modulation frequency.

Eleven

1 hour ago, Crosschecking said:

I'm glad I'm not a part of Schopp and the Bulldog. Duane started something the other day. It's going to get very ugly on that show.

I hope he opened the Lament Configuration.  More people need to hop aboard the Duane Train.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

JBOT is attempting to build a team full of speed, he needs to be building a team full of heart.  A team full of heart, regardless of their record, would shake the arena rafters with noise.  Does he even know his audience???

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, hockeyhound said:

It seems Huts has dropped the ball, and it doesn't look like the Sabres have anyone to pick it up.

The season started well...

Let's Go Buffalo!

Hutton failed this team miserably this season. No wonder he now tries to distance himself from his team mates. He feels he’s above the commoners he’s surrounded by. Not a good team mate. He’s a tool.

I'm tired of this team being weak.  JBOT drafts goalies at 6'5" but forwards and dmen at 5'10".  The next draft, I would only draft players at 6'3" or taller and 200 lbs with room to grow man weight.  We need some muscle in our prospect pool.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, jad1 said:

How about firing Botterill and sending Ralph back to the EPL? He has experience managing a soccer team, but none managing a NHL team.

How about hiring a GM with some experience instead of continually sponsoring an internship program for wanna-be GMs.

Fire both of them commensurately with hiring Mike Babcock to be Team President, GM, and HC.  Or whatever else he wants to be.

Give him total control or whatever else he wants.

I know his stock is way down right now.  That's perfect.   

He might actually come here this time around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I listen too much (or used to, haven't been listening much of late). I kind of know how they operate. They don't take a lot of calls, number one. Number two, when they do, and maybe our radio biz guy can confirm this, they try to get the worst of the worst callers on the air. The bosses must feel like the bad callers are good for ratings. For the sport of it, I dunno. I can imagine with Duane, the producer of the show, who probably screens the calls, thought he was getting one thing and he something a lot different. They had a tiger by the tail for sure. I don't see it becoming a trend.

Kind of like that rest stop they busted on I-86 by Sally's Monkey.

They talk all the time about how not many call the show, straight up.  That's why they don't take a lot of calls.  And it's not that select only the worst callers; they are looking for intelligent, informed callers, believe me. 

What they get is what they get.  This is WNY we are talking about.

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

I'm tired of this team being weak.  JBOT drafts goalies at 6'5" but forwards and dmen at 5'10".  The next draft, I would only draft players at 6'3" or taller and 200 lbs with room to grow man weight.  We need some muscle in our prospect pool.

Welcome. I've been hoping more people would start speaking about this. 

"puck moving defensemen." How about defensemen who can play defense. 

It's maybe a coincidence, but Pittsburgh has moved towards making themselves tougher since JBot left. JBot doesn't have a clue. 

Babcock, Gallant, whoever, get someone before Seattle does. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's maybe a coincidence, but Pittsburgh has moved towards making themselves tougher since JBot left. JBot doesn't have a clue. 

And have they had better results due to doing so?

They won back to back Stanley Cups right before Botterill left, so it’s really hard to justify the viewpoint that Botterill’s cluelessness was holding they back.

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jason -> gone

Ralph -> hockey czar whose job it is to make sure the new GM is good, and remains good. Do it now so that GM has Gallant available if he so chooses. He can choose someone else too if he wants 

How is Ralph a Czar?   He was been in the NHL less than one year.  He is learning as he goes. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

How is Ralph a Czar?   He was been in the NHL less than one year.  He is learning as he goes. 

Agreed.  We need a proven and established hockey Czar / President whose presence can send a signal to the rest of the league that Buffalo means business now.  Somebody that other teams and players might think, okay they're serious now!  Kinda of like those "Keller and Keller" commercials ?

6 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Hutton failed this team miserably this season. No wonder he now tries to distance himself from his team mates. He feels he’s above the commoners he’s surrounded by. Not a good team mate. He’s a tool.

This situation is interesting in all kinds of bad ways.  When Hutton was brought in he had a reputation as a good locker room guy. A team guy.  

There is more than just Hutton that is broken here. Yet again, we have another player who mentally walks away from this team.  Its a pattern now with multiple players over multiple seasons.  WTF is going on in Pegula-ville?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jason -> gone

Ralph -> hockey czar whose job it is to make sure the new GM is good, and remains good. Do it now so that GM has Gallant available if he so chooses. He can choose someone else too if he wants 

I've been predicting this almost from the start. I'd bet money Ralph has been working behind the scenes to ensure this very outcome. The season is certainly setting up the outcome. Botterill has to go; Krueger won't be blamed because of the faulty roster.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I've been predicting this almost from the start. I'd bet money Ralph has been working behind the scenes to ensure this very outcome. The season is certainly setting up the outcome. Botterill has to go; Krueger won't be blamed because of the faulty roster.

It would explain the decision to start Hutton last night, that's for sure.

Just get Laviolette in here already.  He's not going to be available forever.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jason -> gone

I'd be fine with Ralph doing double duty as coach and GM. Just give him enough assistants to delegate to. It'll be like managing a soccer team again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.