GDT Montreal at Buffalo, January 30, 2020, 7 o'clock post meridiem, MSG Network, WGR 550 amplitude modulation frequency.

Eleven

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Good question. How great was it that Punch and the Knoxes would sit in the crowd?

It was a different time.

5 minutes ago, sabremike said:

All I want is that the second the puck drops the crowd starts a huge anti Botts/anti Pegula chant that is louder than a Motorhead concert that forces everyone in the sport to take notice of what a cesspool this organization is.

I’ve never been one for planned fan demonstrations but chanting “We are Duane” would be awesome

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Why?  If that's what affects the dressing room adversely, then the Sabres are a bunch of babies.  One would think the players want to win.

Yes.  And Hutton already is lost anyway.

Preaching to the choir.  I've been on the bring up Johansson bandwagon since the Vancouver game.

15 minutes ago, tom webster said:

It was a different time.

Security wise? The 1%? The Knoxes were the 1% before anyone heard of the term. It wouldn't kill the Pegulas to sit around the arena few times a season. (I'm assuming they haven't, otherwise we would have heard about it.) I don't really blame Jason for sitting up top. It's his job. As for why Pegula was sitting next to the goalie coach that time, I have no friggin' clue.

23 minutes ago, sabremike said:

All I want is that the second the puck drops the crowd starts a huge anti Botts/anti Pegula chant that is louder than a Motorhead concert that forces everyone in the sport to take notice of what a cesspool this organization is.

Here's my opening for a semi-crazy theory about crowd behavior. You won't hear chants like that. Not anymore. When I go to games, I feel like the NSA is watching me. The cameras constantly scan the crowd. You never know when you're going to be on the video board — they put up the most intimate and private moments between people, a father sharing a bite of ice cream with his kid, a couple snuggling on a date, it's shameless, honestly. Now the most plausible theory is that it's just how it's done in arenas these days, probably because it's good business. Getting on the board appears to be a major reason people go to games. I see another reason for the camera sweeping the folks like Nazi searchlights. Keep folks on their best behavior. Big Pegula is watching.

Just now, sabremike said:

That would make for one hell of a shirt. Some entrepreneurial fan need to jump all over that idea.

I'm surprised that 716 site hasn't already put one out.

• Like (+1) 1

Rocky Wirtz has a seat in the lower bowl and every fan is allowed to stop by and say hello between periods.  Good or bad.  He has said this year that he thought about going upstairs but most folks just want to know you are with them when things are not going well. Interesting philosophy.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, sabremike said:

It will be interesting to see if the players have given up on the season the way the fans have.

The table is certainly set for a rats deserting a sinking ship scenario if the fans turn on the players given the number of UFAs Botterill has assembled on his roster, coupled with the Ullmark injury.

If Ralph can keep the ship on course given this type of noise he deserves coach of the year.

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Would Hutton pull an Al Smith? Would he be able to find JBOT to “wave” goodbye?

I had never heard this story....from Wikipedia 

One of the most infamous moments of his career came on February 13, 1977, when he quit the Buffalo Sabres. Reunited with former Maple Leafs coach Punch Imlach, now the Buffalo General Manager, Smith was to replace injured Sabres goalie Gerry Desjardins in a game against the Minnesota North Stars. The Sabres had also called up Don Edwards and less than an hour before game-time, Imlach ordered Sabres coach Floyd Smith to play Edwards instead.[1] After the playing of the National Anthem, Smith stepped off the bench, saluted Buffalo owners Seymour and Northrup Knox and headed for the dressing room.

Answer:  God I hope so.  We could use the cap room next year.   And I hope Johansson plays like Donny. 

Edited by Broken Ankles

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

Would Hutton pull an Al Smith? Would he be able to find JBOT to “wave” goodbye?

Meh, if he does, he does.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The optics of putting in Johansson are not good. It would look like the hockey braintrust (teehee) think the season is over.

No, this is the message that putting HUTTON in sends.

Well Hutton gets a chance to save what's left of his career, so we see if he can. I suspect we lose because of the goaltending differential but regardless, the effort level will tell us if Krueger is a total failure or not I think. All this positivity stuff failed to motivate them after the break so if they still come out flat now, it's the same old, they've all packed it in and the culture isn't fixed in any way.

Really, I expect nothing from this team any more this year. I'm simply curious to see who still gives effort and who doesn't. Who obviously wants out. I doubt this will be entertaining.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

This might be piling on... but... AGAIN, the vet walking out slipped on the carpet, albeit slightly. Fortunately he's young and agile. The problem is how they have the carpets laid out.

I'm tired of it anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.