Must Listen Radio: Caller Duane Snaps Live on GR-55

Kruppstahl

From Vogl in The Athletic today:

The rant, while epic, likely would have stayed local if someone from Pegula Sports and Entertainment — the parent of the Sabres and the Buffalo Bills — hadn’t berated WGR management, which led to a tweet promoting the audio being deleted.

Outside criticism may be stoking paranoia within the organization. On the same day that a Pegula Sports executive berated WGR management, the organization reached out to Elliotte Friedman of “Hockey Night in Canada” to talk about his report that there is frustration within the Sabres and that losing is wearing on Terry Pegula. Friedman confirmed the conversation to The Athletic, saying it wasn’t bullying but more of a “reasonable debate.”

Still, his was hardly an earth-shaking commentary, and the organization’s decision to reach out brought more negative attention to the team.

https://theathletic.com/1574432/2020/01/31/the-sabres-are-a-broken-organization-and-one-fans-radio-rant-has-given-a-voice-to-everyone-who-is-sick-of-it/

Hi @PASabreFan

Edited by darksabre
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

there is frustration within the Sabres and that losing is wearing on Terry Pegula. Friedman confirmed the conversation to The Athletic, saying it wasn’t bullying but more of a “reasonable debate.”

This is the good part.  Shows a lack of meddling and frustration with the results.  Exactly what I want out of an owner.  Now TAKE ACTION FFS.  

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

PSE's version of damage control is just amazing. How many people are being paid exorbitant salaries to sit around a room and say "how can we make this worse?"

I mean given the business we're in there's definitely some....

Oh wait, we're not talking about my company? Never mind then, carry on

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, darksabre said:

PSE's version of damage control is just amazing. How many people are being paid exorbitant salaries to sit around a room and say "how can we make this worse?"

It's indicative of a certain, dangerous organizational mindset. They cloister; they tune out the outside and think they are competent and ignore the warnings that barrage them constantly like the Sun's radiation. We hear it in the way the team and coaches talk, and now we see it in action administratively when they are at a critical moment in their existence.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

This is the good part.  Shows a lack of meddling and frustration with the results.  Exactly what I want out of an owner.  Now TAKE ACTION FFS.  

The follow up with Friedman is confusing to me. When I heard the initial report from Friedman my immediate thought was this is ownership showing their displeasure to the fans. 

23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Would this have been smart? The Sabres invite Duane to drop the puck before last night's game. Message: we hear you, Duane. We hear all of you. Thanks for caring.

I like the idea but pretty risky.  If he goes off script could be more embarrassing.  That said based on 24 hours of knowing him, seems like he'd play it cool. He was generous to Pegulas in the Vogl article this AM.

This is gold right here:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.