Must Listen Radio: Caller Duane Snaps Live on GR-55

Kruppstahl

5 hours ago, Eleven said:

What you saw at the Habs game reflects every Habs game I've ever been to, including one in DC.  It's like when the Yankees come to town.

What you saw at the Ottawa game reflects the product on the ice.  It's not our job to entertain the team.  It's the team's job to entertain us.  It wasn't doing that when it came out flat after 9 or 10 days off.

That's true I guess and God knows this team does not play entertaining hockey...but a team definitely feeds off energy in the building and the crowd does have the power to impact the game on the ice.

Whenever they show closeups of people in that building they all look like they are 20 years behind in fashion or style and live in Elma, Sloan, or Marilla.  

Half of them are staring at telephones and no one seems like they care much about hockey.

I realize it's therefore tough to get a positive vibe going in the crowd. 

On 2/4/2020 at 2:59 PM, Kruppstahl said:

That's true I guess and God knows this team does not play entertaining hockey...but a team definitely feeds off energy in the building and the crowd does have the power to impact the game on the ice.

Whenever they show closeups of people in that building they all look like they are 20 years behind in fashion or style and live in Elma, Sloan, or Marilla.  

Half of them are staring at telephones and no one seems like they care much about hockey.

For some, it’s more fun to watch the millionth cat video they’ve seen.

On 2/4/2020 at 5:59 PM, Kruppstahl said:

welcome to Buffalo

• Haha (+1) 2

Im really curious to know how “the ongoing ineptitude of the Sabres” being the national story of the week is going down in Pegulaville.

With their hatred of being embarrassed apparently being a prime motivational factor in some crucial franchise decisions and all.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Im really curious to know how “the ongoing ineptitude of the Sabres” being the national story of the week is going down in Pegulaville.

With their hatred of being embarrassed apparently being a prime motivational factor in some crucial franchise decisions and all.

It is funny how everyone decided to jump in all at once to take their swings

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It is funny how everyone decided to jump in all at once to take their swings

Duane, quite literally, gave them cover. He stuck his neck out, not easy to do given the Pegula Cult in town. I should know. Great to see. Duane is a hero of the revolution and should be remembered on Sabre Rock. Wolverines!

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Is this officially a "never mind, sorry" revelation?

"While the optics are bad, Gare's jersey was one he purchased on his own, Robitaille's was also his own and the team caught its misspelling of "Andreychuk" and replaced the jersey at that event."

On 1/29/2020 at 4:12 PM, darksabre said:

I feel that dude. This year has been really hard on me, not just as a hockey fan, but as someone who plays and loves the game in general.

The Sabres being miserable combined with my having had a couple injuries this year have put me in a spot with the entire game where I feel like maybe I need a break. I feel like Ryan O'Reilly talking about losing his love for the game, because that's how I feel right now. I think I'd be fine moving on to something new. I'm tired of sitting down and watching, I'm tired of putting my bags in the car and driving to the rink at 9:00 at night. 

Not sure how old you are or some of the others are: But I remember growing up during the Andreychuk /Barrasso/Housley/Turgeon years and when the Sabres used to get bounced in the 1st round constantly by Boston or Montreal (seems they alternated seasons) and thought 'how miserable is this!!!!'

Compared to this, I would GLADLY take those years over this debacle we are seeing now X100

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Duane, quite literally, gave them cover. He stuck his neck out, not easy to do given the Pegula Cult in town. I should know. Great to see. Duane is a hero of the revolution and should be remembered on Sabre Rock. Wolverines!

Yeah, just what we need: more people making whiny rants on sports radio so they can get their 15 minutes of fame.  A true hero.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Yeah, just what we need: more people making whiny rants on sports radio so they can get their 15 minutes of fame.  A true hero.

I don't know Duane, but he seems genuine. The "rant" sounded organic, like it's not even what he intended. I kind of doubt he got up that morning with the intention of becoming "famous."

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, rickshaw said:

That Canucks game picture on 90’s night. Hilarious that the Sabres didn’t wear their goat head kits. Still laugh at that. 

Jack Eichel must walk into the office at season’s end and give them a serious ultimatum. Fix it or I’m outta here. 

If you’re talking about 90’s day at KBC, we didn’t play the Canucks, we played the Panthers. 

Otherwise, not sure why you think we should’ve wore goatheads on the road in Vancouver...

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

If you’re talking about 90’s day at KBC, we didn’t play the Canucks, we played the Panthers. 

Otherwise, not sure why you think we should’ve wore goatheads on the road in Vancouver...

my bad. I meant the Florida game. Seeing nucks kit made me think of they game. 

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

I still don't understand why a select group of fans insisted on them wearing those jerseys.  

Uh because the team was more successful in those jerseys than in any other jersey they’ve ever worn? Also I’m not sure why but I feels like you’re trying to disparage those fans which if it’s the case I’m completely baffled as to why.

Edited by #freejame

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.