Must Listen Radio: Caller Duane Snaps Live on GR-55

Kruppstahl

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

He posted that at, apparently, the exact same time I posted my observation.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The fact the clip is still up, in my opinion, shoots down this theory that the Sabres got to the station. I don't know what explains a missing tweet.

Because then it would be overt. If they take it down now, they remove any semblance of plausible deniability.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

For the most part I absolutely agree with the whole Music package being lame… However there are a few arenas that I think play “better music“ or at least mix it in better. I’ve noticed Montreal, San Jose, and Vegas do a better job than the other arenas.

Off thread -- but this is one thing (of several, including local Sabres games) that excites me about the Seattle expansion. Rumor has it that KEXP will be running their music. It's like putting a college station in charge, but with an emphasis on local music and unfamiliar music. It could be glorious (or....off the rails weird). Either way: fun.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Not that anyone reads NBC website but it was just posted there too:

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/01/30/buffalo-sabres-fans-duane-losing-patience-with-team/

I am thrilled to see this article.  The organization deserves every bit of ridicule coming their way...and on the national level...even better.  If the intern/inexperienced college grad who was responsible for the jersey screwups hasn't been fired yet, shame on the higher ups.

10 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Not that anyone reads NBC website but it was just posted there too:

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2020/01/30/buffalo-sabres-fans-duane-losing-patience-with-team/

While I completely relate to Duane's frustrations, having been a die hard since my first memories, back in the mid 70's, what caught my eye in the article is it points to harrasing behavior against the Pegula's. While not listing specifics, that concerns me, and not for fear of them uprooting the team or selling it off, but because we here in the Greater Niagara Region are better than that. Yes, it's fine to voice your displeasure with their decisions to date and yes their actions with the club should be scrutinized, but that should never be an excuse to harass them. Let your voice be heard, pour your heart out as Duane did, but always keep in the back of your mind the Pegula's are people, they are parents, they shouldn't be made to feel threatened. That is my concern.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, ... said:

Shocking, WGR550 took down the Tweet about Duane's call.

image.thumb.png.c6ddfcd4882d28687f7cab5249a72f64.png

Not sure what you mean about the Tweet about Duane's call.  Was this at Twitter or WGR-550's website?

It's worth pointing out that the direct link to the recording of Duane's phone call in the online audio vault is still there! 

17 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

While I completely relate to Duane's frustrations, having been a die hard since my first memories, back in the mid 70's, what caught my eye in the article is it points to harrasing behavior against the Pegula's. While not listing specifics, that concerns me, and not for fear of them uprooting the team or selling it off, but because we here in the Greater Niagara Region are better than that. Yes, it's fine to voice your displeasure with their decisions to date and yes their actions with the club should be scrutinized, but that should never be an excuse to harass them. Let your voice be heard, pour your heart out as Duane did, but always keep in the back of your mind the Pegula's are people, they are parents, they shouldn't be made to feel threatened. That is my concern.

You got to "theatened" without much to go on, IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The fact that White reached out to him white on bereavement leave indicates, to me, that WGR isn't letting this drop.

Maybe White isn't, but someone has said something internally. The removal of a Tweet and the lack of directly referencing the call since it happened (not counting Parker's response directly afterward) indicates to me - who used to be in the biz, BTW, so I have an idea how this works from the inside - that they have been directed to ignore it. The fact that they posted that single call separated from that hour's audio indicates to me that, at the time, they thought the call was important. It's not often they post a single caller.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Yes, I did, and I'm hopeful that isn't the case. Just espousing my concern on the subject PA, if it is poorly worded, rest assured, it was unintentional.

I have no doubt of it. A lot of people don't read things that are linked. I just thought it was worth noting that the story alleges, through one of the young daughters, that there's been what she considers harassment, but not threats.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

lol, someone buy that guy a beer. 

We need all the season ticket holders to rant like that. Better yet, we need them all to actually cancel those tickets for next year along with the rants. 

It is not a fun thing to compare the Canucks 50th anniversary stuff to the Sabres. And to think, we started out so much better.

3 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

The call came about 10 minutes into Hour 4.

Here you go:

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/1-30-hr-1-schopp-the-bulldog

It's really too bad that Schopp wasn't there.  He and Bulldog have a special way of feeding off of each other in times like this.  One or both would have blown his cool, flipped his lid, in agreement with Duane.

35 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's really too bad that Schopp wasn't there.  He and Bulldog have a special way of feeding off of each other in times like this.  One or both would have blown his cool, flipped his lid, in agreement with Duane.

Hot take: Schopp cuts him off after 30 seconds, because he doesn't sound "smart."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Hot take: Schopp cuts him off after 30 seconds, because he doesn't sound "smart."

I haven’t listen to their terrible show in many years. Is schopp still a condescending holier than thou I’m smarter than you, stuck up a$$ to callers? If so, why why whyyyyy do people still listen to that show? 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

This is funny, I mean it.  But no, he would not have.

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

I haven’t listen to their terrible show in many years. Is schopp still a condescending holier than thou I’m smarter than you, stuck up a$$ to callers? If so, why why whyyyyy do people still listen to that show? 

Not so much.  He's incredible with drunk callers, though.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.