Must Listen Radio: Caller Duane Snaps Live on GR-55

Kruppstahl

I feel that dude. This year has been really hard on me, not just as a hockey fan, but as someone who plays and loves the game in general.

The Sabres being miserable combined with my having had a couple injuries this year have put me in a spot with the entire game where I feel like maybe I need a break. I feel like Ryan O'Reilly talking about losing his love for the game, because that's how I feel right now. I think I'd be fine moving on to something new. I'm tired of sitting down and watching, I'm tired of putting my bags in the car and driving to the rink at 9:00 at night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I think that completely sums up how I feel.  It seems, at least on the surface, like the sabres have become an afterthought with all the attention being paid to the Bills.  I think what really did it for me was the misspelled knockoff jerseys.  Is it a financial or is it just that the new shiny prestige toy is an nfl franchise.  Don't get me wrong I can't thank them enough for saving the BIlls.  I just wish they would pay as much attention to whats going on with the Sabres.  The arena needs help.   Jack needs help.  He can't drag 5 tons of dead weight across the finish line each night.  You could start by simply giving him back Skinner.  Together they are greater than they are alone.  If the rationale is that you need more distributed scoring than what you should take from that is that your GM has not done enough to stock this roster with talent.

Fix this mess or just please sell it to an owner that will.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I don’t blame him. 

And what he’s saying is actually much calmer and more rational than what a lot of the other fan base feels, just for perspective. 

I love Sabres hockey. I’ve seen almost every game since 1998. Going to college during the day and working nights, taping the games and watching them late at night - looking forward to it. Then juggling 3 jobs, taping games - looking forward to going home and seeing what happened. Working all day now, then getting excited knowing it’s a Sabres night. The games have always been something I’ve looked forward to in my life, but my excitement is really starting to drain out of me. 9 years of crap in a row, but like the caller said, it’s more than just the product on the ice. It’s deeper than that. The handful of games that I’ve attended this year - I didn’t get any feeling that the people in charge cared about the experience or the details. This started way back with the “Fan Fest” that was completely disorganized, and it’s just kept going on. 

16 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

https://twitter.com/DuaneS39

Here’s his Twitter Account if anyone wants to give him a follow 

Oh my ... 

I’m glad he’s not a poster here. Last thing this board needs is another off the rails with anger ranting lunatic when the Sabres lose ?

Although the entertainment level may be worth it. ??

Edited by Zamboni

First off I get it. This is straight garbage we have endured. The way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if we let Eichel’s best years go by before we are competitive. I still very much want to hear what happened with Patty from both sides uncensored. Maybe I missed it. 

Why Bogo and ERod are still here is beyond me. You don’t want to be a Sabre? Put their crap in garbage bags and leave it on the curb in front of the arena. Bogo is essentially Mr Glass and ERod is laughable at best. Don’t like your playing time or role? Simple, stop sucking. 

What he said is so true its scary. They need a Marketing/PR President and Hockey Ops President for the Sabres. Kim has done an ok job with the Bills but it seems between her multiple diversity boards, Bills stadium things, and being a Mom that things are beginning to fall through the cracks and the Sabres seem unable to fix any problems that are left over.

We need a new Ted Black that at least gives us some lip-service and takes a beating on the radio occasionally.

We need someone legit above the GM who can either get rid of Botts or get him to actually do what he was supposed do in being a cap wizard.

I'm honestly ok with RK for now. But we need a new special teams coach because our present one or two in charge need to be fired into the sun.

I don't seem to  be able to feel his passion but can't really question what he said. I will be 77 in March. Watched this team from its inception. This is possibly the lowest I sense our fan base has been. Mr. Pegula has not been at all connected to his fans. His spending is unquestionably there but that's not obviously been well spent. He needs to hide a president of hockey with a known pedigree of success  and get out of his way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.