Wonder what the NHL thinks of the state of its franchise in Buffalo

PASabreFan

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

No kidding, you bowled against Tom Baker?  That's pretty cool.

And your last comment reminds me of a joke from the Odd Couple.  For some reason, Felix and Oscar were in Buffalo (IIRC, Oscar was there covering a Bills Jest game and Felix had a photo shoot.) but Felix looks out their hotel window and says 'hey, it's really true; there IS a bowling alley on every corner.` ?

Just a couple times but I always went to his shop any equipment or drilling. He did a great job with fitting.

I bowled at several different Alley's and in several leagues and tourneys. Haven't done it in years though and really miss it. The wife and I met at the bowling alley.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't really like the air of mystery that outside media guys, and our own media guys, and some fans, attribute to our lack of success. I heard a few fan calls into WGR the other day that were to the effect of "what are we missing? these guys are good, we've seen them play good, they should be good, but they're not. what is going on?" Peters/Rivet were like I feel ya, I know what y ou mean, I don't know. 

We hear that the Pegulas are baffled and have no idea why it hasn't been working. 

But anyone that seriously watches hockey looked at this roster in August and couldn't see any reason for it to be any better than the low 80 point range they're currently pacing for. They are smack dab in the middle of the point window I gave for them, and right around where many other fans had them pegged. There isn't some mystery aura plaguing the organization. They are the sum of their bad managerial decisions, and it's playing out EXACTLY as you'd expect. Not hope, but expect. There's no mystery whatsoever. Through three offseasons, Botterill has been a meh-to-bad GM, and as a result, his team has been a meh-to-bad team. The reason the streak extends further back than Jason is that Murray also had critical flaws, and then before that they spent 164 games trying to lose on purpose. Those years add up quickly. 

There's no mystery, Terry. I know you're sick of firing people, but that's no excuse to hang onto people that haven't shown the capability of putting together a coherent team with a chance to do anything. The path is pretty clear to me. You like Ralph, we like the organizational mindset that we feel he's capable of establishing. He can pick your next GM, and will do a better job than you did. If that GM is competent, I am quite confident that we will have immediate results, and if they're competent-to-good instead of meh-to-bad, we will be in the playoffs in short order. this mythical "we needed until the fourth year to sniff a wild card birth" stuff can be left in the dust bin forever, where it belongs. This was never reasonable given where we were coming from at the tail end of 16-17. Especially because our three years spent towards "setting up" sustained success doesn't have our prospect pool or set of young players looking anything more than typical, or average.

The mystery isn't what's wrong with the Sabres, it's why repeated attempts to fix what's wrong haven't worked. For the record, I don't think we've heard anything about the Pegulas being "baffled." We honestly don't know what, if anything, they think/feel about the team. We did get this recent nugget that Terry is frustrated — and is there any doubt Terry would say he's "fustrated"? I'd be money on it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.