Jbot needs to go

Wyldnwoody44

There's an argument to be made he should not be fired. There's also a strong argument he should be. Maybe keeping a guy, who's surrounded by so much doubt, as the guy steering the ship is a dicey proposition and not the way to go. 

Edited by Thorny

One reason why I don't think he gets fired...the plan might have all along been to wait for next year and the ownership was in on it.  The team went into this year trying to be the 'best it could be' but with the thinking this wasn't the roster long term.  If the team is bad..so be it for this year.....or maybe they can 'luck into' something good.  They would take 'lucking into' a good season if it presented itself (kinda like the Bills making the playoffs a couple years ago), but this season is more Like McDermott's first or second with the Bills...NEXT years plan is to be like McDermotts year #3.

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

One reason why I don't think he gets fired...the plan might have all along been to wait for next year and the ownership was in on it.  The team went into this year trying to be the 'best it could be' but with the thinking this wasn't the roster long term.  If the team is bad..so be it for this year.....or maybe they can 'luck into' something good.  They would take 'lucking into' a good season if it presented itself (kinda like the Bills making the playoffs a couple years ago), but this season is more Like McDermott's first or second with the Bills...NEXT years plan is to be like McDermotts year #3.

I've been preaching this for a year. It was the plan. To the detriment of the franchise, I believe. 

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Thats a bad business model for LOSING sports franchises, especially NHL teams. The Sabres do not have an endless supply of willing season ticket holders and Box owners for that matter. Pegula is playing Russian roulette with fans money. The Sabres are not the NFL/Bills

This is nothing about the OP but I wonder whats the over / under on the amount of 'Jbotts needs to get fired' threads being made thru the end of the year?

30 or so games left so im guessing say 19 more threads on it?

I still don't see him leaving until next season at the earliest. They have their plan & theyre not gonna bail from it now.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s almost impossible to have an opinion without knowing what’s going on in his head. Did he plan on sitting on his hands all season and not plan on pushing for the playoffs? Did he try to make trades but they weren’t there? Were good trades there, but he was scared? 

No way to know. We can only speculate. Beefing up on way too many defensemen to just not make any moves was pretty suspect, though. 

After watching Ottawa smoke the Sabres I have to believe there is some sort of plan JBot and TPegs have because no GM can be this incompetent. Not that I think JBot is a great or even good GM, there just is no way he can be this bad, I refuse to believe it. There has to be some sort of gameplan that neither of them have tipped their hand and nobody knows about other than them. That has to be it, right? Please tell me so, please.

Sure why not.

But they'd have to hire a veteran GM right away to strip this roster now, right now. If you fire him and just interim you get yet another off season of a new plan and several years of that guy moving out JBot's guys and swapping them for his guys and another 5 year plan and this thing never ends..............

Quick decisive action NOW is my preference, and I think I trade everyone except Dahlin and Ullmark.  And before you say don't trade Jack, a culture change requires full change and if you can make a deal like Quebec did with Philly for Lindros, something along those lines, why not. Forsberg alone, was arguably as good and they built a cup winner around that deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

isn't that always the plan? When they traded O'Reilly it showed winning is not the most important thing

• Like (+1) 1

I really wouldn't mind seeing a Nic Deslauriers type back on this team instead or ERod.  RFK says being hard to play against is a fast forecheck and speed.  That's not hard to play against if you're not afraid to get drilled.  Sheary (or Vesey, or Wilson, or ERod or Frolik,  etc) are not going to make anyone cough up the puck because he's bearing down on you.  This team needs toughness both physically and mentally.  After 50 years of watching, I can tell a team that gives an honest effort every night.  Sadly, the way this team is constructed, I cannot say that.  Hockey is aggressive and we lack aggressiveness.  I had high hopes for JBOT, but I'm really starting to get disillusioned.  But hey, what's another 50 years.  Oh yeah, I forgot, I'll be dead.

This should put into perspective just how awful and incompetent Botts has been:

The Islanders will have announced plans for a new arena, had the plan approved after having to go through red tape mandated by a disgusting and corrupt system, started construction and will open it (Fall 2021) before Botts can put together a team who can even compete for a playoff spot (much less earn one). 

If you wanted to leave your job, wouldn’t you first have another job lined up?
 If you wanted to sell your only TV, wouldn’t you have another TV already picked out and ready to purchase?

Why is it so wrong or why are fans unable (or is it allergic) to take the next step when discussing firing JB, to then in the next sentence or two, to list his logical, viable, realistic replacement. I know most posters don’t think in a vacuum here, but wanting him fired without listing his potential replacement leans that way for me.

I know this is a blow off steam thread for some. I’m personally not ready to get rid of JB. And I bet Pegulas aren’t either. Not for at least 3 months, maybe longer.

I think the plan has always been next year, so I want them to give him the off-season to see what happens.

If he doesn't or can't bring in a legit 2C over the summer though... The 2021 1st round (lottery protected) needs to be in play (and any prospect not named Cozens).

Sabres are now 8th last on Tankathon.  Lets put Hutton in net and see how high we can get.  Send Pilut back to Roch and put Bogo back in to play out his contract.

Edited by Crusader1969

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Why did he write the "P" last?  If he can actually write entire sentences starting with the last letter first, all while making the letters backwards so that we can read them... he has even more talent than any of us realized.

He already wrote the message.  He's just emboldening it to get the point across.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.