Season is Over: 9 Year Playoff Drought

WildCard

40 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

No it isn't.

Not technically but it would require a herculean statistical turnaround. Why should this team be able to play at a 115 point pace for the next 32?

20-7-5 in the next 32 is the likely requirement to make the playoffs.

Edited by Thorny

31 minutes ago, Curt said:

Was tonight some sort of a turning point?  They could play at a 112 pt pace for the next 33 games but not at a 115 pt pace for 32 games?  

The 2019-20 Sabres just never were a playoff caliber team.

We can't beat the Senators in a must win game. We can't beat anyone in a must win game. This wasn't a turning point, it was the last straw 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Curt said:

Browns, Bengals, Sac Kings, Pirates, Rockies???

The browns and pirates have 9 championships between them. The Rockies have played in one since I was old enough to drink. The Sacramento Kings won a championship the year my mother was born. The Bengals won their division the year that we were awarded the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

4 minutes ago, ubkev said:

The browns and pirates have 9 championships between them. The Rockies have played in one since I was old enough to drink. The Sacramento Kings won a championship the year my mother was born. The Bengals won their division the year that we were awarded the 2nd overall pick in the draft.

Can we keep the analysis to the past 50 years or so???  Is it relevant who won championships in the 50s or 60s?

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We can't beat the Senators in a must win game. We can't beat anyone in a must win game. This wasn't a turning point, it was the last straw 

It wasn’t even a must win game though.  When you need to play at a 110 pt pace for 50 games in order to make the playoffs, every game becomes a must win.  It’s also a good indication that you aren’t a playoff team.  They never was one.

Edited by Curt

I’ll admit, I was fooled. I knew we didn’t have enough talent, but some part of me thought that Ralph would motivate them enough to be competitive this season, until JBott made a couple moves before New Years to make us a for sure playoff team. 

Now, I’m almost convinced that nobody above the players skating on the ice knows what the hell they are doing. The PP sucks, the PK sucks, Hutton got worse, the Mitts and Tage debacle, Ralph pulling goalies at odd times / skating 11 forwards / refusing to tinker with Jack-Sam-Jeff, JBott going into the season with 78 NHL capable forwards and refusing to make any moves...the list goes on. The shoddy in game entertainment and not truly seeming to care about the “Golden season.” 

The only thing that anyone got right this season was the jerseys - and they didn’t even have enough to sell to the fans. Also, it’s a minor miracle that Jack has exploded into a superstar this season, despite never having a solid coaching mentor on this team. Imagine how much even greater he would be with an actual x’s and o’s Coach all this time.

This team, although I do love them, it’s a complete and inexcusable embarrassment. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

There's no way in hell this team digs out of this hole this season with this many games left.

They are not nearly good enough to produce consistently enough to be able to do that.

The highlight of this season will be the trade deadline.

Try to enjoy it!

I used to get all defensive when listening to sport talk radio in other cities when they joked about the incompetence of the sabres. It happens all the time. Now I find myself laughing along with them. Its kind of a crazy raspy cackle of a laugh but its laughter nonetheless. Being a fan of this team is like hitting your head against a brick wall. Imo they won’t get this right with the crew they have running the show. 

• Like (+1) 1

At this point this team is utterly rubbish, we could see it from the start of the season with only 1 producing line. 
Without jack this team is bs, with him just a little less bs.

People still believe in these soft coaches that we've had over the years and it never works with the players we have, to be fair its not only on the coach but i
so strongly believe that if you dont have a real coach you will never be successful unless you have enough certain type of players that can adjust to basicly whatever and still produce. 

This team and organisation seams to have lost its red thread long time ago and i dont think i could blame just only the coach, jbot looks more like a fool to me now than ever before. 

Think Ralph would suit perfect to a working organisation with a stong backbone. 

Let's just give this season up and wait for next, nothing more we can do, not i and my self atleast. ?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.