Sabres target? Josh Anderson or Alex Tuch

sweetlou

If the Sabres are to pursue one of these two top six RW who would you rather have?

Josh Anderson will be 26 yrs old in May and is an RFA.  Career numbers- 267 GP, 65 goals, 50 assist, 115 points, +27.  Contract will be around the $5 million AAV.

Alex Tuch will be 24 yrs old in May and is signed for 6 more years at an AAV of 4.75 million.  Career numbers- 193 GP, 41 goals, 61 assists, 102 points, +2. 

Would you give up Risto in return?

It may not happen before the end of the season, but would be a nice addition in the off season.

I would prefer Tuch as well.  I think Vegas holds onto to him this off season but may be willing to move him for a top 4 defenseman. Vegas has their top two lines set for the next couple of years.

Enter Rasmus Ristolainen...I think this would be a good hockey trade for both teams.  I look at it like the Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen trade, it made sense for both sides.

46 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

If the Sabres are to pursue one of these two top six RW who would you rather have?

Josh Anderson will be 26 yrs old in May and is an RFA.  Career numbers- 267 GP, 65 goals, 50 assist, 115 points, +27.  Contract will be around the $5 million AAV.

Alex Tuch will be 24 yrs old in May and is signed for 6 more years at an AAV of 4.75 million.  Career numbers- 193 GP, 41 goals, 61 assists, 102 points, +2. 

It may not happen before the end of the season, but would be a nice addition in the off season.

I love tuch. Would give up Risto and two 2nd's in a heartbeat for him. 

58 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Why would either player be available?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, tom webster said:

JBOT is on record as saying he’s looking for more speed in his top 6, don’t think he’s looking this way.

Each of these guys are just as quick as most of Botterill's forward acquisitions over the last three offseasons, and he has maintained his desire of "speed" and "even strength goals" throughout

31 minutes ago, inkman said:

Why would either player be available?

Tuch would only be available if the return to Vegas in a young defenseman...Risto

Anderson has had a bad year and Columbus is winning w/o him. Also was a hold out before last contract. Columbus could look for D help or younger prospects or picks...Mitts, Tage, 2nd rd picks.  

I'd rather have Tuch, but there's about a 99% chance he's not getting moved.

As for Anderson, no way I'm trading Casey Mittelstadt for a winger that is 26 years old and has one goal and four points in 26 games.

1 hour ago, sweetlou said:

Tuch would only be available if the return to Vegas in a young defenseman...Risto

Anderson has had a bad year and Columbus is winning w/o him. Also was a hold out before last contract. Columbus could look for D help or younger prospects or picks...Mitts, Tage, 2nd rd picks.  

Barf, no thank you.

2 hours ago, Hank said:

I love tuch. Would give up Risto and two 2nd's in a heartbeat for him. 

It would cost more than that.

Cool to see Anderson on this list. I was gonna mention him yesterday in another thread but didn't.

He is a pending RFA, but if he gets traded this year the team that picks him up will have another year of his services before having to give him a new contract. If Columbus waits til next year he'll be an UFA & will be moved as a rental. So it makes sense for them to try to move him now & apparently he is someone who is in play.

He has shown in the past that he can put up some numbers. If he were on a 20+ goal clip right now I'd be all about it. But his lack of production this year is concerning. Does he have an attitude problem, lack of motivation or is it just poor usage or a combination of those? Idk. But if he can be had for cheap or for Bogo (which is pretty cheap at this point) i'd say go for it. If its for Mitts in a package i'd say no.

You're not getting Tuch unless the deal involves Risto or Reinhart (or Cozens but that would be insanity). 

Anderson? Columbus might want to deal him but aside from Risto, I doubt we have the type of player Torts would want, and I think him and the GM are on the same page. Not sure I want Anderson anyway. Underachievers don't come to Buffalo and get better, it's usually the other way around if anything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.