GDT - January 28th, 2020 - Senators @ Sabres, 7 PM ET (WGR/MSG/NHL Network)

Doohickie

Just now, SwampD said:

And to rub salt in the wound, tomorrow, I'm going to have to hear LGR and Shopp tell me that we have to get rid of Risto and how great Pilut is. 

Shopp is a jack***......he doesn't know Hockey. And he can take his analytics and shove it. Its obvious he was never an athlete....I mean have you seen pictures of that dork? 

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I didn’t like the skinner contract and pretty much figured he wouldn’t live up to it. But my god, at least put the guy on Eichel’s wing. What are they doing?!

That's the way to make the contract make sense in the short-term. In the long term, I'm more ambivalent about Skinner's cost because we'll start seeing Vegas and Seattle's impact as well as renewed TV contracts, as well as continued growth in non-traditional markets (see the players starting to emerge in the southern US). I think the cap will soften the damage.

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Other than the next Dominik Hasek falling in our laps, I just don’t see a way out of this pit 

Wrong movie... but what if Hasek fell through a hole in a floor, but was wrapped in a carpet and unable to move his arms or legs?

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Happy 50th season everyone! 

I have no faith in Botterill's ability to pull off the strategy, but aside from all the other glaring evidence,  it couldn't have been more clear this was a punt year when the Sabres announced, BEFORE the season started, that the Royal jerseys were coming NEXT year. 

NEXT year, folks!

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The fans are going to have to get out of zombie mode and start a rebellion during these type games... which many more are coming 

They booed, they left early, and lots of empty seats.  

sad days ... Far from the years of automatic sell outs.  Pegula has done a lot for Buffalo no doubt but he sure is a terrible hockey owner.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Skinner looks overwhelmed.

He needs a decent center.  Hasn't had one the whole season.  On the nights that both Bogo and Miller sit in the pressbox, while Krueger continues to misuse Skinner, the Sabres are basically flushing $18 million of cap space down the toilet.

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nope.

Oh, thank God. It's so frustrating because Pilut looks sooo good in the offensive zone and just gets own physically in the D zone.

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Terrible questions asked to both Skinner and Eichel.  WTF was that ? 

Let me guess, Paul Hamilton?

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jad1 said:

He needs a decent center.  Hasn't had one the whole season.  On the nights that both Bogo and Miller sit in the pressbox, while Krueger continues to misuse Skinner, the Sabres are basically flushing $18 million of cap space down the toilet.

Is constantly dressing 11F 7D just Coach K's way of shouting "Help us, JBot! Help me... help you...  you're my only hope."? They don't even have a 4th line, let alone a 2C.

And the only guy who is hurt is a rookie. Olofsson

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LawnWranglers said:

How is this team such a mess?  There has to be some kind of management restructuring in the offseason, right?  How do you go into next season with the same front office?  Only so many times you can blame the coach.

Low expectations becoming acceptable. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.