GDT - January 28th, 2020 - Senators @ Sabres, 7 PM ET (WGR/MSG/NHL Network)

Doohickie

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I expect him to quietly ask for a trade a year from now, if not sooner, like the off season. Seriously. I wouldn't stick around for this, would you?

Maybe that request would finally get TPegs attention as to the #### show he keeps assembling season after season after season. I for one, do not blame Jack one damn bit. There will be no playoffs next season, not with JBots at the helm. He will have to pull off some doosey deals this off season to get there and I just cannot see players wanting to come here when they some competing offers from other clubs. As for trading??? Who wants what we have? Who would they be willing to part with for what we can give them??? I am betting still another 2-3 seasons away from a playoff sniff.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, freester said:

Not only has he made one of the worst trades in ZnNHL history but the Skinner contract will soon be among the worst in the league. 

I didn’t like the skinner contract and pretty much figured he wouldn’t live up to it. But my god, at least put the guy on Eichel’s wing. What are they doing?!

• Like (+1) 2

Hmm, well we are certainly screwed 10 ways to Christmas

If we were to fire Botts who the hell are we going to be able to hire? It would either be another rookie GM or one of a few god awful GMs.

I feel bad for Eichel and Dahlin. You could even see Dahlin's body language say "Seriously..." when the 1st empty netter went in.

1 minute ago, KC Scouts said:

The worst kind of hockey team, no skill, no talent and gets physically beat all the time

And to rub salt in the wound, tomorrow, I'm going to have to hear LGR and Shopp tell me that we have to get rid of Risto and how great Pilut is. 

Jack represents a Unicorn of sorts, a huge piece for any competent GM. Botterill just seems incapable of building around him, or, somehow unwilling, head-scratchingly unaware of when players are actually in their prime and need to be maximized. He probably thinks Skinner is just entering his, based on the deal he gave him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.