GDT - January 28th, 2020 - Senators @ Sabres, 7 PM ET (WGR/MSG/NHL Network)

Doohickie

7 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

At worst, we (and Sabres leadership) have to believe that he'll keep putting up 20-25 even if Mitts, Larsson, or Asplund were his centers .... just like the centers he had with Carolina. Until we have a legit playmaking 2C who can get him back up to 30+.

How will Gilligan muck it up this week? Stay tuned!

I just don't know that 20-30 goals is worthĀ NINE MILLION DOLLARS..

Ā 

...ya know?

• Like (+1) 1

I canā€™t tell what players are on what line? Ā 11 forwards is getting old. Ā JBot trade another defenseman so we can have two full fourth lines. Ā 
Ā 

Looks like we are playing a ā€œroadā€ home game. Ā Just hanging in there.Ā 

4 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

15 SOG against a mediocre team.Ā  Anyone else not excited despite the tie?

More concerned about giving up 30 in 2 periods to the Senators.Ā 

I think we can pull this one out if we get another PP or two but I'm not so confident in this team's chances to win 8 ofĀ it's next 9 supposedly "easier" games, that we need to stay in the playoff race, when as mentioned, we look to be about on par with Ottawa as a team overall.Ā 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

With Larsson or Lazar or (2nd year) Mitts or MoJo as center?

The expectations change when he's with Eichel. Or when a new 2C arrives. But for now the brass has to believe he drives offense and gets his goals whomever is his center.

Skinner will be 28 for next season. There's no 2C coming in the time frame he'll still be capable of scoring 40.

A win now contract to a win now, aging player when the goal of the team clearly isn't to win now, after head-scratchingly bumping up his value last year when they didn't even plan on playing him with Jack this season.Ā 

It boggles the mind. They manipulated the scenario to ensure we'd both be paying him the most possible, and get as little value possible the following season.

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.