Practice Lines 1-27/Skinner Confirmed A Go for Tomorrow

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The difference this year versus years past is they have an actual coach this year.  And while they've been expected by many to simply roll over and die, except for the Vancouver game when they inexplicably started Hutton they haven't been losing games they were expected to win.

They could very well come out of this break and circle the drain, but we haven't been given a reason this year to expect that.  

We said the same thing when Housley came in to replace Bylsma, and when Bylmsa came in to replace Nolan and when Nolan came into to replace....Ron Rolston? I can't even remember any longer.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

I hope they prove us wrong but this is the same story around this point in the season we've seen the past however many years, "this is the point in the season where they need to come out strong to make a push" only to drop like 3 games in a row to beatable teams and really put a cap on the season before the real playoff push happens for many teams. I really hope I'm wrong, because there's nothing i want more than to watch this team play meaningful games late into the season, however, my optimism meter is in the trash.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

This is Sabres fandom in a nutsack.

FIFY....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

The difference this year versus years past is they have an actual coach this year.  And while they've been expected by many to simply roll over and die, except for the Vancouver game when they inexplicably started Hutton they haven't been losing games they were expected to win.

They could very well come out of this break and circle the drain, but we haven't been given a reason this year to expect that.  

People are prone to saying same old Sabres. Just 3 of 13 key front office people and 9 of 24 players were here less than three years ago when Terry decided Murray was a failure and hit the reset button

Brass: Terry, Kim, Botterill, Sexton, Greeley, Jakubowski, Jankowski, Nightingale, Krueger, Bales, Granato, Smith, Taylor

Players: Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson, Skinner, Johansson, Frolik,  Okposo, Larsson, Girgensons, Sheary, Lazar, Asplund, Vesey, Rodrigues, Dahlin, Risto, Montour, Miller, Jokiharju, Bogosian, Pilut, McCabe, Hutton, Ullmark

I don't expect this group to make the playoffs, but I didn't in September either. I did think they had enough to make it interesting, and based on what Ive seen over 49 games, I still do.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I expected them to make a move to not be in this position after arming themselves with a surplus of defensemen. That's what I expected them to do.

Yep.  Biggest disappointment to me was not using the excess D to help the forward lines.

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

We said the same thing when Housley came in to replace Bylsma, and when Bylmsa came in to replace Nolan and when Nolan came into to replace....Ron Rolston? I can't even remember any longer.

You were saying at the end of January of either of Housley's 2 years that they had a real coach?  Seriously doubt that. 

13 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Ugh. Put skinner with Jack, *****.

Yes. I'd do that. At least for a while to get him going again. With Olofsson out it makes sense, and then you can try him back with Johanson when Olofsson comes back. Skinner was in a slump when he got hurt and needs (psychologically) to get out of it quick if we are to have even the slimmest chance at all.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.