COVID 19 Discussion

SABRES 0311

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

In this, we disagree.  Abbott's decisions have, and continue to, put the lives of thousands of Texans in danger.  I really think he is evil in the same vein as evil ones in history.

Okay.  I can understand what you are saying and feeling.  I happen to agree with you that he is terrible.  I think that our PM is terrible, but I do not celebrate if something bad happens to him in terms of health especially.

Then what about Karma?  You mentioned this is Karma coming back to haunt him.  This tells me that you believe in good and bad Karma, so what about your thoughts being bad Karma?

With that, I like you a lot and we are not going to get anywhere with more back and forth, so lets just leave at this.  Okay?

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
seems like many posts have been deleted, or moved
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 8:47 AM, Cascade Youth said:

My friend in Houston and her husband just got breakthrough COVID.  They’re fine, but furious - they feel strongly that the Governor’s policies have put everyone at unnecessary risk.  And they’re terrified about their kids returning to (unmasked) schools next week - they’re convinced their kids will have COVID within weeks.  Can you imagine?

Have friends leaving TX coming back to NY over covid

This was deleted accidentally by forces not within my control:

Until and unless @LTSreturns or until I am removed, which I acknowledge as a possibility, these are the guidelines going forward, adopted somewhat from the NFL subreddit:

1.  This is a hockey board.  We have a politics club associated with it, but it is fundamentally a hockey board.  If you are participating in this club, you should also be participating in discussion about hockey.  Yes, I realize that as of this writing (August 27), there is little hockey to discuss.

2.  This club has resisted disinformation in the past, and will continue to do so.  Accordingly, posts which cast doubt as to the reality of COVID will be deleted.  Posts which attempt to downplay the pandemic, or which undermine widespread agreement among the scientific and medical communities about the efficacy of vaccines in preventing death and the spread of COVID-19 will be deleted.  Posts which  can be interpreted as having the potential to delay someone from receiving the vaccine for any reason other than concern about side effects that we don't know about yet, will be deleted.  Posts which suggest that a person can be protected from the virus by ingesting a substance not intended for that purpose, such as HCQ or Invermectin, will be deleted.  All of these pose a threat to human life, and all but the potential existence of side effects have been conclusively refuted by scientific and medical communities worldwide.  Therefore, all of these theories are banned except for the potential existence of side effects.

3.  While statements by NHL personalities (e.g., tweets) are allowed in certain circumstances, this doesn't mean carte blanche for posters to spread politicial, scientific or medical mistruths within the comments regarding those statements.

4.  Repeat offenders will be banned from the club.  In other words, this IS the warning.

Examples of acceptable posts:

--How the virus has affected you personally.

--Infection/death rates among/between states, countries, etc.

--Your reasons for receiving or not receiving the vaccine, subject to rule 3 above).

--Complaining about mask mandates.

--Complaining about vaccine mandates.

Etc.  There is a wide range of acceptable dialogue.  COVID denial or denial of the efficacy of vaccines is not within that range.

@Eleven ... it was not deleted.  It's in the *other* COVID thread.  There are two in the club now.  The original (this one) that was in the Club all along and the one that @nfreeman moved from the main board.  He moved it, but did not merge them, so we have two in the Club.

53 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

@Eleven ... it was not deleted.  It's in the *other* COVID thread.  There are two in the club now.  The original (this one) that was in the Club all along and the one that @nfreeman moved from the main board.  He moved it, but did not merge them, so we have two in the Club.

Thank you.  Well, the same warning probably belongs in both.  Maybe I'll merge them.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm not saying it wasn't offensive--it was.  I'm explaining that the reason for the removal is not the offensiveness.

I understand that.  I don't agree with your reasoning for removing it.  For me the greater offense was the offensiveness.  Anyway, it really doesn't matter why just that it is gone.  Thank you.