COVID 19 Discussion

SABRES 0311

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Dude -- exulting in anyone contracting a potential deadly illness is a pretty bad look.

And if that person enacted policies that endandered millions while (likely) thinking his power, privilege, money and status would protect him?

• Like (+1) 4

56 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Dude -- exulting in anyone contracting a potential deadly illness is a pretty bad look.

I know, but in this one case I make an exception.  He's *the* cause of much misery in this state based on his idiotic economics-based response to a health crisis.

EDIT:  For example, he has used his emergency powers as governor to forbid school districts from mandating masks.  There's a special place in hell for Greg Abbott.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I cannot even imagine how you can advocate your bs with a straight face.  I beg you and the other mods to allow us (me) to put you on ignore again.  

BTW - you need immediate psychological attention.  Not psychiatric attention, but psychological attention.  I don't think you are crazy or particularly dangerous, but you are utterly ***** clueless, and you profoundly need a reset of some kind.  Humor me.  Go see a psychologist, be honest with him or her and get back to us with the results.   

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BagBoy said:

I cannot even imagine how you can advocate your bs with a straight face.  I beg you and the other mods to allow us (me) to put you on ignore again.  

BTW - you need immediate psychological attention.  Not psychiatric attention, but psychological attention.  I don't think you are crazy or particularly dangerous, but you are utterly ***** clueless, and you profoundly need a reset of some kind.  Humor me.  Go see a psychologist, be honest with him or her and get back to us with the results.   

This is absurd.  Comments like this don't belong on Sabrespace.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BagBoy said:

You obviously lack the cognitive function to respect others views. Your comments do not belong in a public forum. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

If Abbot truly was vaccinated, then it’s most likely not a life threatening illness.

And Abbot’s policies most likeLy have killed people, so ***** him.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, nucci said:

Quickly getting access to monoclonal antibody therapy when you’re the fully vaccinated, asymptomatic Governor of Texas shows just how anxious and scared @GregAbbott_TX actually is of a virus that he constantly downplays.

This is weird ... you copied and pasted a tweet that like a dozen people on Twitter have also copied and pasted.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Quickly getting access to monoclonal antibody therapy when you’re the fully vaccinated, asymptomatic Governor of Texas shows just how anxious and scared @GregAbbott_TX actually is of a virus that he constantly downplays.

So a person getting a recognized treatment for a potentially deadly virus is also frowned upon because they disagree with his politics?

I hate politics and refuse to get sucked in, but what is going on anymore in this country.

I dont condone what he does as a politician but he is still a person that deserves treatment if available. 

Whats next, saying a person who has not been vaccinated is not allowed treatment because it could have been prevented 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Whats next, saying a person who has not been vaccinated is not allowed treatment because it could have been prevented 

Vaccinated (car crash, stroke, etc.) should get ICU priority over the willfully unvaccinated who get Covid if there’s limited resources.

image.jpeg

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, nfreeman said:

This is correct.  No matter what.

12 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I know, but in this one case I make an exception.  He's *the* cause of much misery in this state based on his idiotic economics-based response to a health crisis.

EDIT:  For example, he has used his emergency powers as governor to forbid school districts from mandating masks.  There's a special place in hell for Greg Abbott.

If you know better, you need to do better.  No matter what it is very bad form to wish ill on anyone.

12 hours ago, darksabre said:

lol you're disgusting

This is not going to help and is also a bad take, IMO.

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

No matter what it is very bad form to wish ill on anyone.

I didn't wish this on him, but after all he has done to spread the virus, this feels like justice.  If a murderer is convicted and faces punishment, can the victims not celebrate?  Abbott was tried and convicted in the Court of Karma.

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I didn't wish this on him, but after all he has done to spread the virus, this feels like justice.  If a murderer is convicted and faces punishment, can the victims not celebrate?  Abbott was tried and convicted in the Court of Karma.

Okay, wish was a bad word choice, but it does not change the fact that celebrating in someone's illness, or hardship, or whatever, is never right.  No matter what they have done.  I can understand victims of a murderers rampage feeling fine with them getting their punishment, but this situation is not like that.  Even if you make the arguement that his policies as governor of Texas have been problematic and part of the issues with COVID illness and even death it is still not right to celebrate his misfortune.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

but this situation is not like that. 

In this, we disagree.  Abbott's decisions have, and continue to, put the lives of thousands of Texans in danger.  I really think he is evil in the same vein as evil ones in history.

The man puts greed over human life.  That is evil.

My friend in Houston and her husband just got breakthrough COVID.  They’re fine, but furious - they feel strongly that the Governor’s policies have put everyone at unnecessary risk.  And they’re terrified about their kids returning to (unmasked) schools next week - they’re convinced their kids will have COVID within weeks.  Can you imagine?

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Vaccinated (car crash, stroke, etc.) should get ICU priority over the willfully unvaccinated who get Covid if there’s limited resources.

image.jpeg

Why should an obese patient who gets a stroke have priority. They should be fit according to your limited logic 

• Thanks (+1) 1