Sabres Injury Report /Practice Notes 1/26

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He was on a line with Johansson and Frolik 

Vesey was on the top line, Jack was not present of course, with Reinhart.

Tomorrow’s Practice should be a better indicator. 

And Skinner - Johansson - Frolik is what I'd expect to see when they're all healthy.  So, those who are hoping to see Skinner with Eichel are likely to be rather unhappy.  Thought they might try Skinner with Jack and Reinhart, but it doesn't look that way.

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And Skinner - Johansson - Frolik is what I'd expect to see when they're all healthy.  So, those who are hoping to see Skinner with Eichel are likely to be rather unhappy.  Thought they might try Skinner with Jack and Reinhart, but it doesn't look that way.

That is an NHL caliper second line. I dare say top 20, most certainly not top 10. It can lead us to meaningful games in March. 

To watch a meaningful Sabres game in March would be awesome. Baby steps....

Edited by woods-racer
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

What's actually wrong with Vlad? (just injury wise). He's been out a long time. Is it one of those fake cap hit things or is he actually that badly hurt? I'd have thought they'd want him to play a little to make him deadline dumpable. 

Knee on knee, wasn't it? Looked pretty bad. If he tore those ligaments, that's pretty serious, I believe 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, woods-racer said:

That is an NHL caliper second line. I dare say top 20, most certainly not top 10. It can lead us to meaningful games in March. 

To watch a meaningful Sabres game in March would be awesome. Baby steps....

Is this serious or facetious? Because there’s only one top 6 player on that line...

13 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

The only way there are any meaningful games in March is if they win every single one of the home games they have coming up (9 out of 10 at home). 10 points out of 8th and 1 point away from dropping to 13th......depressing to say the least.

Yeah and the problem is there are at least 3 or 4 teams they will need to leapfrog to get into a playoff position and those teams seemingly are winning almost every night and the Sabres go on good stretches and either stay the same number of points back or sometimes even lose ground.  If they can get to 90 points this year I will deem that a fairly successful season. Right now they are on a pace for about 85 so they need to improve slightly to reach that.

The roster clearly isn't where they want it to be yet. Hoping Cozens is ready next year and they continue to add pieces via trade for next season.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah and the problem is there are at least 3 or 4 teams they will need to leapfrog to get into a playoff position and those teams seemingly are winning almost every night and the Sabres go on good stretches and either stay the same number of points back or sometimes even lose ground.  If they can get to 90 points this year I will deem that a fairly successful season. Right now they are on a pace for about 85 so they need to improve slightly to reach that.

The roster clearly isn't where they want it to be yet. Hoping Cozens is ready next year and they continue to add pieces via trade for next season.

Cozens will be nowhere near ready since he was injured all year long. I am just hoping he will be ready to be 2 center in 2021 season

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah and the problem is there are at least 3 or 4 teams they will need to leapfrog to get into a playoff position and those teams seemingly are winning almost every night and the Sabres go on good stretches and either stay the same number of points back or sometimes even lose ground.

They can't worry about that.  They just need to win.

16 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Cozens will be nowhere near ready since he was injured all year long. I am just hoping he will be ready to be 2 center in 2021 season

That really doesn't mean much.  Players don't progress linearly as in they must play X number games at this level and Y number of games at this level before they can be in the NHL.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

It's not even accurate. Cozens hasn't been injured. 

This site is showing him having played 35 games with 28 goals, 31 assists for 59 points this year, on pace for 114 points, well ahead of the 84 he posted there last year in 68 games.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/286938/dylan-cozens

Edited by matter2003

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.