NHL All Star Weekend

Doohickie

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

It's probably in or close to my top 10, but why is this comment here?

I didn't think you'd watched ten!

I dig the film mightily ...  “fook, e’s a big fella ...”

Edited by Neo

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I guess by NHL standards they knocked it out of the park. Just not sure who their audience is...besides you of course

Just for comparison.

This is from Wiki about the Winter Classic entertainment -

The country music group Midland performed before the teams took the ice.[10] Jake Hoot, the winner of season 17 of the talent competition The Voice, sang the national anthem.[11] The pop music duo Dan + Shay performed during the first intermission.[12] The second intermission entertainment was a tribute to the State Fair of Texas, featuring the SMU Mustangs and Texas A&M Aggies dance teams and a rodeo show.[11]

I'll take Green Day.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just for comparison.

This is from Wiki about the Winter Classic entertainment -

The country music group Midland performed before the teams took the ice.[10] Jake Hoot, the winner of season 17 of the talent competition The Voice, sang the national anthem.[11] The pop music duo Dan + Shay performed during the first intermission.[12] The second intermission entertainment was a tribute to the State Fair of Texas, featuring the SMU Mustangs and Texas A&M Aggies dance teams and a rodeo show.[11]

I'll take Green Day.

They are in St Louis, should've had Story of the Year perform instead!!!

37 minutes ago, sabremike said:

They are in St Louis, should've had Story of the Year perform instead!!!

Who?

28 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’m confused by why people were angry at Eichel. He made 3 or 4 really nice plays on McDavid. I am fascinated by how he plays a passive role in 3v3. He seems to only use his speed if he sees an opportunity and I really don’t see that as a negative 

People are critiquing Jack's play from an all-star game?  Okay....

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are those video boards behind the goals real or just superimposed on TV?

Superimposed.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lol, is a song like "American Idiot" really a good idea? Considering how much censoring it needed, not to mention current events?

I think it's exactly what was needed.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

They bring back red and blue glowing pucks I’m leaving. 

those pointers to show the players names, the circle on the puck handler, It’s  not a video game for Christ sake it’s hockey. Learn to watch it.

Agree, but give Rick that technology and he could not only take 15 years off his broadcasting age, he could do games for another 15 years. Because he can't ID players on the opposite side of the ice anymore.

I discovered some of this by accident the other night.  They were doing the "bullseye" "pick the corner" goal scoring routine, only now with an electronic target instead of styrofoam.  The glass broke and there was a long delay.  The shooting was pretty lousy, as usual (LOL), and crowd reaction was non-existent.

I watched like 3 shooters and then did something else.

I give the NHL credit for working to try to make the show work, but it's still a mess.  Just can all of it. 

Name an "all star" team as a matter of professional achievement and pride for those on the list, and leave it at that.

Keep the regular hockey season running!  

It's way, way too long as it is.  

I watched all three games.  I was hoping to see Jack do some end to end plays (Especially in the game against the Pacific) but he was giving Pasta the lime light.  It was nice to see him placed on the top line for the Atlantic.  He’s getting his due. 

I had to laugh at NBC cutting the audio every time BJ at libbed during the American Idiot chorus.  I’m with Doohickey, the song message is spot on for the times.  

The year the NFL had The Rolling Stones was the last halftime event worth watching.  Every act since, for every sport has been garbage.  

22 hours ago, Beer said:

I watched all three games.  I was hoping to see Jack do some end to end plays (Especially in the game against the Pacific) but he was giving Pasta the lime light.  It was nice to see him placed on the top line for the Atlantic.  He’s getting his due.

I hadn't really thought about it until just now.  The fire power in this division is incredible.  I'm not sure any other division comes even close.  5 out of the 8 teams are represented in the top 15 scorers list, 7 players total.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.