Somethings About Dylan Cozens Thread

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Do you, Liger, and/or Crusdaer have any thoughts on him?

Don't know on Jarvis, I used to do a Christmas valuation (my computer scrapes for about a week or two), but I don't valuate twice anymore. So I won't have an opinion until May or June.

I did do 18 year old valuation this year from the 2019 draft, my model thinks Cozens is a lot like Cody Glass.

9 minutes ago, rakish said:

Don't know on Jarvis, I used to do a Christmas valuation (my computer scrapes for about a week or two), but I don't valuate twice anymore. So I won't have an opinion until May or June.

I did do 18 year old valuation this year from the 2019 draft, my model thinks Cozens is a lot like Cody Glass.

I'd take that in a heartbeat

In my amateurish opinion, he needs another year, maybe 2, before he's NHL ready.   His shot blocking isn't quite there yet.   A little sluggish on faceoffs, and doesn't take the correct angles for throwing hip checks.   Need to see him drop the gloves a few times to better understand how much he really wants to play in the big leagues. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

In my amateurish opinion, he needs another year, maybe 2, before he's NHL ready.   His shot blocking isn't quite there yet.   A little sluggish on faceoffs, and doesn't take the correct angles for throwing hip checks.   Need to see him drop the gloves a few times to better understand how much he really wants to play in the big leagues. 

You’re far better than this. Way too on the nose. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Much more to consider then just stats to be sure but he’s at 85 points in 51 or 1.67points per game.  Reinhart D+1 was 1.38.

Along the same vein, Hughes, Dach and Kakko all project to finish with 25-30 points in the NHL this year.

I ran some numbers through the NHL equivalency calculator.

Arthur Kaliyev 46

Dylan Cozens 41

Alex Newhook 40

Trevor Zegras 35

Cole Caufield 27

Alex Turcotte 26

Vasili Podkolzin 18

For comparison, Reinhart 43, Nylander 17, and Mittelstadt 24, respectively in their D2 years.

Dylan Larkin was 37.

Eichel scored 56 in the NHL in his D2. His NHLe the previous year in college was 57.

Edited by dudacek

33 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Much more to consider then just stats to be sure but he’s at 85 points in 51 or 1.67points per game.  Reinhart D+1 was 1.38.

Reinhart in his draft year had 1.75ppg

Cozens improving is nice.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/1/2020 at 8:56 PM, pi2000 said:

Wait a minute!!! You're advocating fighting in the NHL? Not to mention the Sabres being tough. LOL