Alumni Jerseys Misspelled.

LouBrawls

4 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Did this really happen?

I have verified it did happen. I have verified the arena booed the crap out of the turd who didn't give her the tickets. Okposo named 11 and this little girl named 3 or 4. 

It's ***** disgraceful of PSE. 

Edited by LGR4GM

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have verified it did happen. I have verified the arena booed the crap out of the turd who didn't give her the tickets. Okposo named 11 and this little girl named 3 or 4. 

So, some genius somewhere thought some little kid was gonna top Okposos performance of 11 names. This is classic failure. 

All over letting a little kid stand there in the tunnel while the players come out? Something that they would probably cherish and remember forever. 

Disgusting. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Contest was not fair for the little girl, Okposo plays hockey with them every night.

Disney princesses

Edited by Cheektorado
  • Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

I think it is silly and stupid, but I lose all respect for anyone who thinks this is evidence that the organization is 'doomed', 'awful', etc.  Outrage is in and it is sad so many people think that's how you win arguments now.  It's like I'm in Russia

As long as you're not outraged, I think you are on safe ground.

Meanwhile the open question remains: how will the Sabres handle the next decade celebration? The Sabres wore both the goatheads and the slug in the oughts.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As long as you're not outraged, I think you are on safe ground.

Meanwhile the open question remains: how will the Sabres handle the next decade celebration? The Sabres wore both the goatheads and the slug in the oughts.

The 90s had two both the originals and the goathead.  I must have missed that game because I don't know what they did, but it's sounding like goathead from this conversation.  But what about the guys who were on the team only in the early 90s and only wore the original, were they out there in the goat?

But yeah, I get the main point of your question... do they dare bring the slug back out there.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

The 90s had two both the originals and the goathead.  I must have missed that game because I don't know what they did, but it's sounding like goathead from this conversation.  But what about the guys who were on the team only in the early 90s and only wore the original, were they out there in the goat?

But yeah, I get the main point of your question... do they dare bring the slug back out there.

Missed the warm-ups that day, so no idea what the team wore for them.  (Pretty sure they wore the blue homes they wore for the game.)  But some of the alumni wore "original" sweaters, some wore "goat heads" and Hannan carried out Hawerchuk's 10 with him.  And Peca took off his goat head to reveal a Tradavious White Bills 27.

And some guys wore their own sweaters from back in the day (Ledyard 's had the Stanley Cup 100 year patch on it) and some like Metcalf and Moller wore sweaters with the shoulder patch very high on the shoulder (which were likely replicas).  Pretty sure most of the goat heads were replicas too, as the collars were entirely gray rather than Gray with smaller white and red stripes outside of the larger gray band. Looked like Smehlik actually wore a real one, but pretty sure he was the only one.  And those gray collared ones had no stabbed B's on the shoulders.  (But neither did Smelly's have the patches.  So, guess it wasn't original either.)

Edited by Taro T

On 2/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

So, some genius somewhere thought some little kid was gonna top Okposos performance of 11 names. This is classic failure. 

All over letting a little kid stand there in the tunnel while the players come out? Something that they would probably cherish and remember forever. 

Disgusting. 

Exactly this.   

They shoulda picked a player who could name only 1 or 2. 

I get the sense the Sabres organization is wrought with cronyism.    I'll bet dollars to donuts the vast majority of folks running marketing, public relations, etc are family friends of Terry and Kim, friends of their daughters, etc... The standard needs to be higher, DO BETTER  

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Exactly this.   

I get the sense the Sabres organization is wrought with cronyism.    I'll bet dollars to donuts the vast majority of folks running marketing, public relations, etc are family friends of Terry and Kim, friends of their daughters, etc... The standard needs to be higher, DO BETTER  

The person ultimately responsible for the girl on the Jumbotron would be Kelsey Schneider.  I don't know anything about her or when she joined the organization.  https://www.nhl.com/sabres/team/staff

The person ultimately responsible for the misspelled names on the sweaters is Rip Simonick and he has been around the team forever.

Edited by Eleven

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The person ultimately responsible for the girl on the Jumbotron would be Kelsey Schneider.  I don't know anything about her or when she joined the organization.  https://www.nhl.com/sabres/team/staff

The person ultimately responsible for the misspelled names on the sweaters is Rip Simonick and he has been around the team forever.

Really?  Rip Simonick?  Are you sure?   He's been around forever, how could he screw that up?

He's personally stitched on those names for years.

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

There's no way that they're running events like that through the team's equipment guy.  Why waste his time on something that is not intended for a game?  Some stiff in promotions is probably running that stuff.  They outsource the jerseys to whatever company it is and then don't bother to open the box until the day of the event.  That's not the only person who didn't bother to check it as I'm willing to bet that Dave didn't either.

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

There's no way that they're running events like that through the team's equipment guy.  Why waste his time on something that is not intended for a game?  Some stiff in promotions is probably running that stuff.  They outsource the jerseys to whatever company it is and then don't bother to open the box until the day of the event.  That's not the only person who didn't bother to check it as I'm willing to bet that Dave didn't either.

I agree. Some rando in promotions or whatever department ordered them and no one checked them all before the event. Who knows if they ordered them early enough to check them. 

26 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Really?  Rip Simonick?  Are you sure?   He's been around forever, how could he screw that up?

He's personally stitched on those names for years.

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's equipment, so I figured the person in charge of equipment is ultimately  responsible, regardless of whether he personally stitched the names on there.  If it's from another department, it's from another department; I linked an org chart.

We have a funny story in my family.  My last name is spelled entirely with letters that look the same upside down as they do right side up, if capital letters are used.  So when my father entered the National Guard, of course they stitched the name plate on upside down.  His drill sergeant was not amused when no one was responding when his "name" was called.

46 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It's equipment, so I figured the person in charge of equipment is ultimately  responsible, regardless of whether he personally stitched the names on there.  If it's from another department, it's from another department; I linked an org chart.

We have a funny story in my family.  My last name is spelled entirely with letters that look the same upside down as they do right side up, if capital letters are used.  So when my father entered the National Guard, of course they stitched the name plate on upside down.  His drill sergeant was not amused when no one was responding when his "name" was called.

And I have a last name where people routinely add a "c", so I consider myself to be the resident authority on what happened here to Dave.

And your name is 11, so of course it looks the same when flipped upside down.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Exactly this.   

Somebody else, probably 11, already made the right suggeston for how it should've been handled.  Let her already have been awarded the "rope line experience" when she got to play the game and let her try to win something else in addition (hat, ministick, whatever) so she'd come away with something regardless.

Hopefully when she got back into the concourse they told her she'd get to go to the rope line afterall because it was kids day.  If not, it was tone deaf on the part of promotions, but won't scar the girl for life.

Edited by Taro T

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Somebody else, probably 11, already made the right suggeston for how it should've been handled.  Let her already have been awarded the "rope line experience" when she got to play the game and let her try to win something else in addition (hat, ministick, whatever) so she'd come away with something regardless.

Hopefully when she got back into the concourse they told her she'd get to go to the rope line afterall because it was kids day.  If not, it was tone deaf on the part of promotions, but won't scar the girl for life.

Putting her on the rope line should've been the punishment for losing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.