Alumni Jerseys Misspelled.

LouBrawls

4 hours ago, LouBrawls said:

This sums up the state of the organization when they can't even spell former player names right. SMH.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.59.49 AM.png

I remember Kyle OKOPOSO skating for one period before the error was spotted.

Remember Ted Black and his mantra of "the million little things you do to win"?

Well...

40 minutes ago, BuffalOhio said:

Interns ...

No. It goes straight to Kim Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1

The absolute state of the franchise. The same thing happened to me earlier this month.

There was a thread back in November that authentic 50th anniversary jerseys were for sale on icejerseys.com so I bought one (with a 30% off coupon code) that finally came in the day after Christmas. I took it to the Sabres Store to get it customized because I thought they would do things properly. The young kid working was giving me attitude and had to check with his manager because he thought it was a Chinese bootleg (It should've been obvious it was real, the fake jerseys have yellow stripes, not gold). After it was confirmed to be authentic, the kid said to me: "We can't even get these anymore." I couldn't help but think, "Maybe Adidas doesn't like the way you're price gouging. Especially since I got the jersey for only $125.93."

So a couple weeks go by and I get a call that my jersey was ready. I drove all the way from Newfane to the arena (90 minutes round trip), only to find this when I picked it up.

Even though Hawerchuk is in the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Sabres Hall of Fame, and the order form had the proper spelling, they still found a way to screw it up.

The ineptitude of the organization is astounding.

20200103155728_IMG_6909.jpg

20200103171622_IMG_6911.jpg

• Sad 2

HOLY SHNIKEYS!!!  that's insane.  Did you take it back to get redone?  If so I hope you gave them an earful - that is inexcusable.

They should also train their staff better, there's at least 3 sure fire tells to identify knockoffs, especially with the 50ths. I mean, the crest... duh.

Also not to to cop an attitude with the public.

47 minutes ago, FiXCzeR said:

The absolute state of the franchise. The same thing happened to me earlier this month.

There was a thread back in November that authentic 50th anniversary jerseys were for sale on icejerseys.com so I bought one (with a 30% off coupon code) that finally came in the day after Christmas. I took it to the Sabres Store to get it customized because I thought they would do things properly. The young kid working was giving me attitude and had to check with his manager because he thought it was a Chinese bootleg (It should've been obvious it was real, the fake jerseys have yellow stripes, not gold). After it was confirmed to be authentic, the kid said to me: "We can't even get these anymore." I couldn't help but think, "Maybe Adidas doesn't like the way you're price gouging. Especially since I got the jersey for only $125.93."

So a couple weeks go by and I get a call that my jersey was ready. I drove all the way from Newfane to the arena (90 minutes round trip), only to find this when I picked it up.

Even though Hawerchuk is in the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Sabres Hall of Fame, and the order form had the proper spelling, they still found a way to screw it up.

The ineptitude of the organization is astounding.

20200103155728_IMG_6909.jpg

20200103171622_IMG_6911.jpg

I guess they thought he was deserving of more than alternate, so they gave him the C.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LouBrawls said:

HOLY SHNIKEYS!!!  that's insane.  Did you take it back to get redone?  If so I hope you gave them an earful - that is inexcusable.

They should also train their staff better, there's at least 3 sure fire tells to identify knockoffs, especially with the 50ths. I mean, the crest... duh.

Also not to to cop an attitude with the public.

I immediately noticed their mistake when I picked it up, so I didn't have to make an extra trip. The kid at the counter had to get the manager and fill out a new order form (why don't they type things up on the computer instead of relying on the handwriting of the cashiers when they fill out a card?)

They told me they send the jerseys out to AdPro for customization, so it really wasn't THEIR fault. I don't know if this is true or just a way to pass the buck, but I stayed as cool as I could, speaking only in short, one-word replies.

I'm just glad the jersey wasn't ruined as result of needing to have the nameplate changed. If they had messed up the numbers, it would have been damaged goods due to the adhesive they use before the sewing process. That would've been a worst case scenario since Icejerseys is sold out of the 50 anniversary editions.

When I finally got it fixed I calmly told them that this whole process was "incredibly unpleasant" due to the false accusations of having bootleg merchandise, to the ineptitude of the store to properly follow instructions as well as acknowledge the correct spelling of a player in the team's hall of fame.

I didn't demand a refund or store credit, I just told them they should take more pride in the work they do and that I wouldn't be returning to buy anything.

• Like (+1) 1

I can tell you with good authority ... AdPro is freaking terrible and take longer than competing companies. But they throw a ton of money at advertising and get big accounts because of it. And suckers keep using them. I constantly get clients who have had bad experiences with AdPro and come to me for not only a better experience but sometimes a better product and better prices. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, FiXCzeR said:

I immediately noticed their mistake when I picked it up, so I didn't have to make an extra trip. The kid at the counter had to get the manager and fill out a new order form (why don't they type things up on the computer instead of relying on the handwriting of the cashiers when they fill out a card?)

They told me they send the jerseys out to AdPro for customization, so it really wasn't THEIR fault. I don't know if this is true or just a way to pass the buck, but I stayed as cool as I could, speaking only in short, one-word replies.

I'm just glad the jersey wasn't ruined as result of needing to have the nameplate changed. If they had messed up the numbers, it would have been damaged goods due to the adhesive they use before the sewing process. That would've been a worst case scenario since Icejerseys is sold out of the 50 anniversary editions.

When I finally got it fixed I calmly told them that this whole process was "incredibly unpleasant" due to the false accusations of having bootleg merchandise, to the ineptitude of the store to properly follow instructions as well as acknowledge the correct spelling of a player in the team's hall of fame.

I didn't demand a refund or store credit, I just told them they should take more pride in the work they do and that I wouldn't be returning to buy anything.

Mildly surprised they use AdPro for the customizations.  A few years back they had several local embroidery / knitting companies do the work for them.  Guess they felt it more important to save a very few bucks and have consistant "quality" (or lack thereof) and made the switch.  Seems a shame.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Mildly surprised they use AdPro for the customizations.  A few years back they had several local embroidery / knitting companies do the work for them.  Guess they felt it more important to save a very few bucks and have consistant "quality" (or lack thereof) and made the switch.  Seems a shame.

PSE does own it, so they're keeping it  "in the family"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

In other words, the Sabres retail operations are of the same low quality as most retail operations in the United States these days.

I mean, if Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Kohls, Michaels, and other large retail chains can't deliver consistent quality and customer service (and they don't) it's not unreasonable to expect a hockey team to struggle with it as well. 

Nonetheless it's surely frustrating for consumers and the alumni jersey thing should be embarrassing to the organization. 

My solution to this is a total spending embargo on Sabres gear or games until at least January 2021. I'll reconsider then. After blowing over $1000 in 2019 to take my family to two Sabres games and seeing them score a combined 0 goals across both games, I'm a little bitter. 

1 hour ago, Sakman said:

In other words, the Sabres retail operations are of the same low quality as most retail operations in the United States these days.

I mean, if Lowes, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Kohls, Michaels, and other large retail chains can't deliver consistent quality and customer service (and they don't) it's not unreasonable to expect a hockey team to struggle with it as well. 

Nonetheless it's surely frustrating for consumers and the alumni jersey thing should be embarrassing to the organization. 

My solution to this is a total spending embargo on Sabres gear or games until at least January 2021. I'll reconsider then. After blowing over $1000 in 2019 to take my family to two Sabres games and seeing them score a combined 0 goals across both games, I'm a little bitter. 

I bought a signed Eichel 15 jersey and that is the only jersey I own that isn't from before the tank. I refuse to buy things at this point.

As for the Alumni thing, PSE has been questionable for years. Their artwork, game presentation, other events, and now this. That's what happens when you don't hire the best people. I have no idea how these people were hired but they clearly aren't that good at their jobs. You would think priority 1 for the alumni jersey would be correct name plate. It just seems like more of the same shoddy production we get with a few really nice exceptions thrown in. 

On 1/20/2020 at 2:13 PM, LouBrawls said:

This sums up the state of the organization when they can't even spell former player names right. SMH.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 10.59.49 AM.png

I think the Robi jersey is from a different event. That shoulder patch is not the same as the other jerseys. It is lower. 

21 hours ago, Weave said:

Yeah, this tells me noone opened a box and did an inspection of the jerseys.  This is small details 101. 

Indicative of a culture problem inside IMO.  Good organizations have the small ***** locked down.

RIP, Rip.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.