Bogosian should be waived.

LGR4GM

His positioning is bad. His decision making is bad. His physicality is barely there. He's not as good as miller. I don't know what he brings to the team. He's certainly not as good as Jokiharju, Montour, and Risto. There's no point to lose games just so bogo can play. I'm so sick and tired of this team playing veterans over better players because veterans. It's stupid old school garbage and it further makes us a joke of a team. 

Have to believe they are playing him to up his trade value.

He had no trade value coming back from the injury. He most certainly is not helping his cause to get another contract at his current play level which in turn keeps is trade value at a near zero.

The only real assets to his game at this stage in his career was his ability to be physical on the opposing forward and sound positional like one would hope from a seasoned veteran that's lost a step.

He shows neither of these traits in his play. He seems to have a mentality of *just don't get hurt*.

Edited by woods-racer

21 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

He had no trade value coming back from the injury. He most certainly is not helping his cause to get another contract at his current play level which in turn keeps is trade value at a near zero.

The only real assets to his game at this stage in his career was his ability to be physical on the opposing forward and sound positional like one would hope from a seasoned veteran that's lost a step.

He shows neither of these traits in his play. He seems to have a mentality of *just don't get hurt*.

Who is trading for a guy playing like an AHLer with that contract?

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What has he done wrong?

This year, he's just been slow, easily skated around, and hasn't been physical (except for maybe 1 game) to support a lighter/smaller D-pair like Dahlin/Joker/Pilut. I go back to him needing about a 4-5 game rehab assignment in ROC to start. It would have given him better trade value if he'd have gotten up to speed there. But since he's been our 7-8 this season, he's been --- dare I say, a worse 7-8 than Casey Nelson would have been for us?

But wrong? Nothing. He signed a contract that was fine at the time based on his potential -- but the term/cost ended up being bad for what he is. Now, he's trying to stay healthy because it's his last shot to get a good payday. But if I'm a GM next offseason, Bogo is one of those guys I'm waiting until August to pick up for $1.4-1.8M on a 1- or 2-yr deal. Like Dallas has with Sekera and Polak.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Ok. Sure.

But isn’t is pretty clear he won’t be waived? I think it is.

His actually money owed him is less and less with each game played. I think a team will grab him just before the trade deadline for depth going into the playoffs. That’s my prediction.

Agree.  He needs to play sparingly just for a trade deadline dump.  Some contending team will need a 6/7 defenseman.  What hurts him is zero playoff experience.  None.  

I am surprised by the intense criticism.  He is the same old Bogo, a few shifts  of good hockey and physical play, followed by maddening errors.  

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree.  He needs to play sparingly just for a trade deadline dump.  Some contending team will need a 6/7 defenseman.  What hurts him is zero playoff experience.  None.  
I am surprised by the intense criticism.  He is the same old Bogo, a few shifts  of good hockey and physical play, followed by maddening errors.  

The 0 playoff games played has to be considered by other GMs looking for playoff depth.

The trouble is the same old Bogo (SoBogo) was good for 20 games, messy for 20 games, injured for 20 games, and nondescript in the remaining 20. We haven't seen good Bogo this year -- maybe once. And we're suiting him up over Miller, who has certainly been more physical this season. Admittedly, I was hoping for more goals from Miller by now with his shot, but c'est la vie.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It's been bad, it continues to be bad. Why the ***** is he getting ice time at all? Waive him and be done with it. 

Can you turn this into a poll?  Where we can vote on keep, waive or gets traded.   I thought he might garner a 4th or 5th, but if we continue to see games like last night, I can’t see any trade value.  

25 minutes ago, Weave said:

LOL A fair chunk of this fanbase went a little silly, crying out that Jbotts was going to lose an asset for nothing when we sent John Gilmour through waivers, and now they want to lose Bogo through waivers. 

Gilmour is a decent hockey player on a cheap contract.  Bogo is a terrible hockey player on a worse contract.  No one is worried he'll be claimed.

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Gilmour is a decent hockey player on a cheap contract.  Bogo is a terrible hockey player on a worse contract.  No one is worried he'll be claimed.

Gilmore is the worst D man on the Amerks.  He should be a forward.  He turns the puck over more than anyone I've ever seen in the AHL.  

5 hours ago, woods-racer said:

It's not working.  I'll go to my grave believing this isn't a thing.  Everyone knows what he is. Nothing is going to happen in a handful of games that is going to change what everyone has seen the last decade.  

47 minutes ago, Weave said:

LOL A fair chunk of this fanbase went a little silly, crying out that Jbotts was going to lose an asset for nothing when we sent John Gilmour through waivers, and now they want to lose Bogo through waivers. 

LOL it couldn't possibly be because they viewed Gilmour as he surprisingly effective utility 7D that he was while up here, and also noticed that post-surgery Bogosian is an abject nightmare on skates, could it? Nah, those people are too DUMB

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

LOL it couldn't possibly be because they viewed Gilmour as he surprisingly effective utility 7D that he was while up here, and also noticed that post-surgery Bogosian is an abject nightmare on skates, could it? Nah, those people are too DUMB

I don't think his post was about the comparing of the players.....and think it had more to do with losing an asset (whether you think Bogo is or not) for absolutely nothing. Now that might be dumb even if it would free up cap. 

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Except Gilmore has quickly proven he's not even a good AHL dman let alone NHL dman.  Just like Bogo is who he is and isn't going to change anyone's perception, Gilmore is who he is but somehow this fanbase decided he was a player that couldn't be replaced by just about any professional hockey player.  

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

Except Gilmore has quickly proven he's not even a good AHL dman let alone NHL dman.  Just like Bogo is who he is and isn't going to change anyone's perception, Gilmore is who he is but somehow this fanbase decided he was a player that couldn't be replaced by just about any professional hockey player.  

systemd-news-more-metaphors-hyperbole-ex

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Maybe we can give Bogo that DJ job in the arena, the current guy is insufferable and Bogo likes that snazz, seems like a perfect fit. 

Now this idea ... I like. But that’s one expensive DJ. Plus he may injure his hands hitting play, pause, or that difficult to accomplish function, the switch tracks button.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.