GDT - Saturday, January 18th, 2020 - Sabres @ Predators, 8pm ET (WGR/MSG)

LTS

10 hours ago, RuffMuff said:

Nashville feed is killing me,  nothing but Kathy Lee!  OMG does the NHL not know its audience? Are we really Kathy Lee fans?

I watched the entire game on their feed and had a similar reaction.  Did they not also have some sort of country music star on there as well? 

It's getting to the point where I enjoy listening to the away feed much more than the Buffalo one.

It usually provides some interesting commentary on the Sabres you wouldn't get otherwise, and let's you know what's going on around the league with the opposition.  I actually really like doing it that way, but KLG doing a live wine commercial during a real game as though it was a pre-season scrimmage was too much.

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Thinking of Josi and Dahlin.  

Josi 29.  Dahlin 19

Josi drafted in 2008 with 38th pick.  First played in NHL in 2011.  Right now he is one of the best.  

I can’t wait to see Dahlin mature and dominate. When he does it will be special.  

It's going to take time. Look at what Jack is doing this year in his fifth year.  He's a totally different player to anything we have seen before, and way more consistent.  

I think I always said year 4 for Dahlin but it might be 5 or 6 or 7 before he is really in stride and dominating NHL hockey games.  The good news he can probably get there and once he does he will stay in that role for a long time, unless he gets some weird injury.  It's not like physicality and rough stuff is a part of his game.  He can play 20 years in this league.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

Billy Sheehan's bass playing is worth more discussion than this sadly composed hockey team, so here's one of my favorite videos for your enjoyment.

Indeed.  Quite a talent. I remember seeing Talas at Ken East High School dances many times in a year. What a treat.  Half of the time we just watched Sheehan, he has that good.  They did a cover of the original Fleetwood Mac, led by Peter Green, called Oh Well.   It was a show stopper for them. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8RhZDGLEXM&feature=emb_title&ebc=ANyPxKoRUppySNVTop7LORkbf0tPsf1QzR5_OtQBNWQGocd2hGjONwtwED7BrcvFUq9ADIjaLcAHL1vB92nGWQboBZd2pEG-XA&time_continue=142

Edited by Pimlach

11 hours ago, RuffMuff said:

Nashville feed is killing me,  nothing but Kathy Lee!  OMG does the NHL not know its audience? Are we really Kathy Lee fans?

MSG was out on my cable system, which I found out when I went to play the recording of the game. (And it's still out.) I decided to record the replay and watch it this morning. I woke up in the middle of the night having to know what happened, and after seeing that there was no replay either, I went to YouTube, which superimposes the score over thumbnail of the video. Lovely touch. So I watched the Nashville feed highlights knowing the outcome — and then came Kathy Lee and some country music bumpkin. What a waste.

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Thinking of Josi and Dahlin.  

Josi 29.  Dahlin 19

Josi drafted in 2008 with 38th pick.  First played in NHL in 2011.  Right now he is one of the best.  

I can’t wait to see Dahlin mature and dominate. When he does it will be special.  

That's great. We'll be taking dirt naps.

11 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

Dunleavy is the worst. I can’t listen to him, he is every bit as bad as this Sabres team is

The Nashville announcer nailed "OOL-mark." @MODO Hockey would be proud.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That's great. We'll be taking dirt naps.

I hope you are wrong.  I’m looking forward to they day he starts collecting Norris Trophy’s.  

Yes, there are a lot of very fine young defensemen.  I’m happy we have one of them.  

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I know the band and the song.  The bass player in Talas went to become a renowned professional musician.  

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Billy Sheehan? 

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Yes.

Talas was an iconic Buffalo band.

I know this.  The other old coots on the board know this.  Anyone under 40, not so much.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2020 at 8:04 AM, Kruppstahl said:

Billy Sheehan's bass playing is worth more discussion than this sadly composed hockey team, so here's one of my favorite videos for your enjoyment.

So, are those extra necks just there as a backup in case they break a string?

On 1/19/2020 at 8:16 AM, Kruppstahl said:

I watched the entire game on their feed and had a similar reaction.  Did they not also have some sort of country music star on there as well? 

It's getting to the point where I enjoy listening to the away feed much more than the Buffalo one.

It usually provides some interesting commentary on the Sabres you wouldn't get otherwise, and let's you know what's going on around the league with the opposition.  I actually really like doing it that way, but KLG doing a live wine commercial during a real game as though it was a pre-season scrimmage was too much.

No Rob Ray

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.