GDT - Saturday, January 18th, 2020 - Sabres @ Predators, 8pm ET (WGR/MSG)

LTS

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Are you just as mad when Eichel holds onto the freakin puck on the PP for 7-9 seconds multiple times in one PP? It’s so annoying and counter productive. Move the puck Jack. 

This was the last five seconds of the game. So kinda idiotic. But also wasn’t surprised 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Of course, it's hockey. Barring a goalie, there's usually not one player to blame. But Bogosian was a significant problem, and he will continue to be one as long as they keep dressing him. 

So, if any of the scratches were in instead, we would have won?

k

Edited by SwampD

Face odds were big here, I counted about 5-10 instances where we lost an offensive zone draw with our top line on the ice (not just Jack, Reinhart started taking some draws) and the puck immediately found its way into our zone and we’re wasting all our energy defending. 

Anyone remember the Buffalo band Talas from the late 70's, early 80's?  This team reminds me of one of their hits.

You bring me up, you let me down again,

It's the same every day,

It's like a seesaw, we keep going up and down,

Like a seesaw, seesaw, oh, oh.

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, if any of the scratches were in instead, we would have won?

k

You also have to factor in the decrease in moral that surely results, to a man, from seeing a mid-tier beer league player awkwardly skate significant minutes. 

Kidding. Like, mostly kidding. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Of course, it's hockey. Barring a goalie, there's usually not one player to blame. But Bogosian was a significant problem, and he will continue to be one as long as they keep dressing him. 

I beg to differ. In this game, if there is a player to blame for the loss it is certainly Bogo. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Face odds were big here, I counted about 5-10 instances where we lost an offensive zone draw with our top line on the ice (not just Jack, Reinhart started taking some draws) and the puck immediately found its way into our zone and we’re wasting all our energy defending. 

Hmmmm....there is a player out there who is very good at face offs....what’s his name again? I think he plays for the St Louis Blues.....

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I think it’s Jack.

Bogo was Bogo.

Jack wasn’t Jack.

This is ridiculous. Jack wasn't taking pointless point shots and losing possession. Jack wasn't not clearing the puck out of the zone despite multiple chances in the same play. Jack didn't not opt to use his hand or body to stop a shot coming through the crease, instead opting to try and use the shaft of his stick allowing the puck to deflect off of his leg, or better yet, just moving and letting the puck move right on out of the crease. Jack wasn't taking up roster space where a much more self-less player could have been played.  Jack wasn't turning over the puck constantly in the D zone.

Edited by ...
your mom
  • Like (+1) 1

Good thing logic can prevail and you can’t blame a team game on one player most nights. Tonight is one of those nights. It was a collection of all players in the last 20, and RK being out coached especially in the last 20.

The first two periods I thought they were playing rather well. Mostly.

• Like (+1) 1

McCabe, Bogosian and Risto play better when matched with a defenseman who is good at moving the puck out of the defensive zone. 

For some reason the three were paired together at times causing prolonged offensive zone time for Nashville and eventually a goal in the instance of 4-55 and Jack’s Penalty with 4-19. 

• Like (+1) 1

Disappointing.

Jack lost the game for us? LOL. Dude is exhausted doing all of his work and Sam's.  How long do think one guy can carry an entire team? Jack is NOT the problem, it's everyone around him.

Except Ullmark, he was excellent. He too, however, will have bad games coming up because Krueger has no back up to go to and he will burn him out as well. 

Such a frustrating team to be a fan of. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Disappointing.

Jack lost the game for us? LOL. Dude is exhausted doing all of his work and Sam's.  How long do think one guy can carry an entire team? Jack is NOT the problem, it's everyone around him.

Except Ullmark, he was excellent. He too, however, will have bad games coming up because Krueger has no back up to go to and he will burn him out as well. 

Such a frustrating team to be a fan of. 

This. Enough said.

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

Anyone remember the Buffalo band Talas from the late 70's, early 80's?  This team reminds me of one of their hits.

You bring me up, you let me down again,

It's the same every day,

It's like a seesaw, we keep going up and down,

Like a seesaw, seesaw, oh, oh.

Nobody know what's you are referring to

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.