GDT - Saturday, January 18th, 2020 - Sabres @ Predators, 8pm ET (WGR/MSG)

LTS

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

So RKs formula is to clog the lanes and keep the score low where we can win 50% of the games because of the lack of offensive firepower in our line up.  This is the best we can hope for this year.  The problem is our special teams are terrible.  Fix that and we can win some games. 

Way easier said than done. That would take different assistant coaches. Not holding my breath on that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Marty, but he was critical of a wrist shot from the far slot, the goalie will make that save all day.  But, when they're not scoring, Marty says shoot the puck from any angle and it's never a bad play.  Pick a side.

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Reinhart hold onto it for the last five seconds. Brilliant 

Always has been. Amazed how many people like him. 

Are you just as mad when Eichel holds onto the freakin puck on the PP for 7-9 seconds multiple times in one PP? It’s so annoying and counter productive. Move the puck Jack. 

We should of had a powerplay for the last 35 to 55 secs seeing as Eichel was hooked, held, and slashed at least 3 or 4 times.

Can we please send Bogosian to Rochester. If Boston can waive Backes then we can waive Bogosian. I'm sick of watching him just give the puck away every other time he's handling the puck.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Are you just as mad when Eichel holds onto the freakin puck on the PP for 7-9 seconds multiple times in one PP? It’s so annoying and counter productive. Move the puck Jack. 

He seemed resistant to fire it today. It was an aggravating effort from most of the forwards. Ullmark and a few of the D were good. 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Zamboni said:

No one was moving to help; Dahlin is his release valve but aside from Reinhart moving a little to the corner no one else really moves which then requires Eichel to make a perfect pass just to keep the play alive.

Jack's costly penalty exemplified why he shouldn't be double shifting as much as is (despite the injuries).  He was so winded when he got to the box, he gave the impression he relished the break, even there.  Also, playing when your "dead on your feet" puts you at risk for picking up dumb, costly penalties (which is what occurred) or getting injured.

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

No one was moving to help; Dahlin is his release valve but aside from Reinhart moving a little to the corner no one else really moves which then requires Eichel to make a perfect pass just to keep the play alive.

Sorry but it wasn’t ... poor Eichel trying to make plays but no one moves so he can’t and therefore has to hang onto it for an extended period of time. Share the blame? Sure I can buy that. But Eichel at times (like tonight) hangs onto that puck way too long. I’ve noticed it more and more the past 2-3 weeks. He definitely takes some of the blame in my book. Move the puck Jack.

Edited by Zamboni

17 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dumb.  This ones over. 

Yeah with 33 games left we need at least 45 points to have a chance at #8. Dont see that happening. 

This team is deserving of their 11th - 12th place standing in the conference.  I’m bored with their crap hockey and inconsistency. I’m still of the opinion that this season was a lost cause before it started. J Bott and Co. knew it and did little about ( really couldn’t do anything about it). I can’t believe the people that were fooled by the fast start. I also have to laugh at Ray, Duffer and  Marty and their “analysis” and occasional cheerleading. It’s comical. I know they work for the Sabres but “geez guys” would it kill you to go off a little once in awhile? I’m dreading going to the arena for 8 games in Feb and 8 games in March/April

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zamboni said:

Sorry but it wasn’t ... poor Eichel trying to make plays but no one moves so he can’t and therefore has to hang onto it for an extended period of time. Share the blame? Sure I can buy that. But Eichel at times (like tonight) hangs onto that puck way too long. I’ve noticed it more and more the past 2-3 weeks. He definitely takes some of the blame on my book. Move the puck Jack.

Meh, if you were he, and had his passing options, you would probably hold onto is as well. I know I would.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.