Jbot Do Something Already - Trade Deadline Edition - News Rumors and Trades

GASabresIUFAN

Trade Deadline Trades  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How many trades will Jbot Complete Tomorrow

• More
  2. 2. Will He Make a blockbuster trade for a top 6 forward?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Which players will be trade; Who will he acquire

• Out - Montour
    • Out - Risto
    • Out - Sheary
    • Out - ERod
    • Out - Other
    • In - Kapanen
    • In - Trocheck
    • In - Henrique
    • In - other

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Any interest in Ott's Chris Tierney for 2C?  RFA 25 years old.  51-52% in the faceoff circle.  10g 20a for 30 pts ytd (62 games). Basically on pace for another 40 pt season.

in 2017-18 (SJ) 17g 23a 40pts; in 2018-19 (Ott) 9g 39a 48pts.

Originally drafted in 2012 2nd rd 55th overall.

Next contract? 3 year 13 mill? 

Would you swap Montour for him?  

No

2Cs need to put up about 50 to 60pts  30 to 40 pts is more akin to a 3C

Tierney is a great 3C but doesn't reach a 2C level of play.

He'd be better than our present options but not fitted in the classification based on the league.

What I hope for vs. what I expect are two different things.  JNot will get rid of Erod for a late pick and pucks and that's it.  The main talking points will be:

1. we like how this team is playing right now and feel that we can compete with this current roster

2. our team of skaters is finally healthy and we don't need any additions

3. there was not enough return via trade for what we felt was a reasonable price for our assets

4. blah-blah-blah....

13 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

What I hope for vs. what I expect are two different things.  JNot will get rid of Erod for a late pick and pucks and that's it.  The main talking points will be:

1. we like how this team is playing right now and feel that we can compete with this current roster

2. our team of skaters is finally healthy and we don't need any additions

3. there was not enough return via trade for what we felt was a reasonable price for our assets

4. blah-blah-blah....

And for the most part he'll be right. I don't want either of Risto,Rhino or Montour traded. Obviously your not trading Jack or Rasmus. So you're right I expect one of two minor deals.

• Like (+1) 1

My hope for today is that Botterill, who thus far has been bad at asset management, doesn't decide that it is suddenly his priority and starts selling off every FA this team has for picks.

I would prefer he make no moves at all than make moves that would damage this team down the stretch.

Any move he does make must make the team better today and next season.

Edited by darksabre
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, darksabre said:

My hope for today is that Botterill, who thus far has been bad at asset management, doesn't decide that it is suddenly his priority and starts selling off every FA this team has for picks.

I would prefer he make no moves at all than make moves that would damage this team down the stretch.

Any move he does make must make the team better today and next season.

His mantra today should be only improving this team long-term.  That means trading assets only for someone with term or an RFA.  If he does move someone like Vesey it sends the wrong message to a team that has played themselves back into it.  

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Trying to listen to WGR for deadline talk is really hard.

Other than the Instigators, their hosts talk about the Sabres like the franchise is their ex-wife.

Yeah, Jeremy was into it. Only listened for about five minutes. That's about my shelf life for GR.

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

Yeah, Jeremy was into it. Only listened for about five minutes. That's about my shelf life for GR.

I caught part of that.  The repetitive mentioning of the "super secret source" was pretty pathetic.  Hey, did you know that I have a super secret source?

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Interesting tweet from Harrington

Makes me think that Jbot is going to do more in the next few hours to support the team then just Simmonds.

Yup, I think Botts is going to be a buyer and is looking to upgrade to make a run and try to save his job. Missing out on the playoffs probably gets him canned.....

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yup, I think Botts is going to be a buyer and is looking to upgrade to make a run and try to save his job. Missing out on the playoffs probably gets him canned.....

Don't believe Jbott is losing his job unless we make playoffs.