GDT - Thursday, Jan 16 - Sabres @ Dallas - 8pm ET (WGR,MSG)

LTS

Nice win. 

Lazar continues to work his butt off and make a place for himself. Kind of player I've been saying we need more of in the lineup. Make that stuff infectious!

Krueger doing a good job of getting more out of less. Bogo wanders around too much but it was really nice to see him play with a little more edge and throw his weight around a little. He has to play that way to be any good, or even to make himself tradeable. Give me 2 or 3 more guys that will throw their weight around and we will be on to something for sure.

My only question is I don't get why Pilut is still up and playing with all the extra D men? Weakest link.

That was a fun game to watch. Let's keep it going and make the Leafs start to worry. 

That was an excellent win.  A few game notes:

- probably Lazar’s best game as a Sabre.  I think his upside is limited, but he plays a fast, physical game and is taking advantage of the ice time that injuries have made available to him. 

- solid game by Linus, although I agree that he misplayed the Dallas goal.

- I’d rather play Miller than Pilut.

- Mojo’s line was very good and created more offense than Jack’s line did. 

- I also liked Risto’s game.  He seems more in control lately and always very tough. 

- They’ve improved from 7 under DeLuca .500 to 4 under.  If they can beat Nashville they will be 3 under at the break.  That is a doable playoff scenario.

RaKruuuuuuuu!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, rickshaw said:

Curtis Lazar is not getting sent down again. Screened goalie on Dahlin’s goal. Another assist, plus 2. I’m happy for this kid.

Lazar is the type of guy that excels under Kruger, he's fully bought in to the role he needs to play.... and you've seen similar results at times from Larsson, Sobotka, Okposo, etc.. the not so talented guys.     That's great, but the higher end talent guys like Johansson and Skinner don't seem to do so well under him... and Reinhart... don't even get me started, the guys a train wreck!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That was the most complete game I've seen all season, that 3rd the Sabres were on the throttle. Maybe the dads need to come along more often! 

They also matched the physicality which was something we haven't done all season. They play like this, they will win the fans back over quickly 

Thought the same thing, been games when they had more chances and scored more... actually thought Jack looked a little flat, could've been the way Dallas was playing him... that being said, the rest of the team played well and more than made up for him.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Frolik did a thing!

I've felt Frolik has been pretty good in both of these back to back wins, tonight and against Vegas on Tuesday night.

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m just going to say it. - I love Curtis Lazar. 

if he can ever bring a little more offence to his game, I see a future 3C. 

Same. Lazar gives his all each shift. Absolutely love watching him play hockey.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.